Get Zippers Repaired at the Cleaners

There is nothing more frustrating than something needing a zipper fix when the clothing is still wearable. I hate doing zippers in clothing. TADA! Found a fairly inexpensive idea - better than throwing away and buying new.

Most dry cleaners have a tailor or repair section. Prices may vary slightly. I sent in a good men's heavy Carhart winter jacket to have a new zipper done, $20. That was in my price range, knowing my frustration in doing it and replacing it at over $100. Picked it up and it was only $6. Found out, most items such as coats, etc. just need the little metal clip changed out, not the whole zipper.

For me to buy the zipper needed at the sewing shop would be close to $10. The $6 was cheap, and a total zipper being $20. It still would be $10 for labor. I have only taken jackets, kids coats, etc. in and they all ended up with the only the clip replaced! Cheaper than throwing away something usable.

By Joyce N. from Benson, MN

That is a great idea! I have a hunting jacket of my husband's, that he can't use, because I can't find just the size zip it needs. I will certainly take it in---all they can do is say no!

To date I have taken in about 10 coats, all only needing the change out of the zipper pull. The children's jackets were only $4! Joyce N, MN

We used to have a fabric shop in our town that would do those repairs (while I stood there) for a couple of dollars. Check the local fabric stores in your area (NOT the chains, but a local store).

WE don't have a fabric store in our area Wal Mart chased them out as well as our shoe stores, Office supply stores and our K-Mart

A blue zipper that is half way unzipped.
Fixing a Stuck Zipper
Home and Garden Repair ClothingMarch 12, 2009
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Zipper Flower Purse
Craft Ideas Using Zippers
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Zipper
Buying Zippers
🎉
🎄