Lubricating a Zipper with Candle Wax

Category Other
Sometimes a stuck or hard to close zipper can be fixed by rubbing it with candle wax. This is a guide about lubricating a zipper with candle wax.

You can fix a stuck zipper by running a candle up and down on the teeth of the zipper. You should then be able to slide it the back and forth easier.

By gerique from Cleveland, Ohio

I've always had a problem with zippers, from my bag to my zipper pants. The chain or teeth of the zipper is one my problems almost all the time. When I slide through the chain, it won't run smoothly. It stops and I keep pushing it. This cost me a lot of time. One tip is using a candle. Before sliding to the chain (teeth), I rub the the candle on both sides. Do it at least 3 times before you zip it. It really works! It will slide really smoothly.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

To unstick zippers, I have always used a bar of soap or crayon. If that does not work, use a wax like a candle.

By joann from Pawpaw, WV