Sump Pump Not Draining Well

I have a basement tub on a sump pump that does not drain well. I think it is not getting enough air. Question is, how do I get more air to it?

Aree from Suwanee, GA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I grew up with a sump pump in the basement and it would often get slow or stop completely. We could hear it go on and off, again and again. But that was when we knew that a plumber was the only answer.

The pumps can be blocked by a lot of things, including roots from plants and trees. Having watched the plumber, I would never tackle it alone. The thing was complicated and stinky!

If you have a friend that is a plumber, you can try bartering with him. Just don't wait until it quits completely.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BasementJuly 28, 2008
Pump Bottle
Reusing Pump Bottles
Top Loading Washer
Top Loading Washer Not Draining
yellow slime mold on mulch
Getting Rid of Slime Mold
Well Water
Cleaning A Well Water Filter
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 26, 2017 at 6:11:21 PM on 10.0.0.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.