Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Freezing Canned Corned Beef

Freezing is a good way to preserve leftovers or extra food products for later use. This is a guide about freezing canned corned beef.

November 8, 2009 Flag

Can you freeze canned corned beef?

By Syl from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

My husband and I love corned beef hash but a whole can makes too much for us. I cut the corned beef in half and wrap half tightly in saran wrap and put it in a freezer container. It tastes as good after it has been frozen as when it was first opened, plus it gives us two meals for the price of one. I tried freezing the prepared hash but found the consistency of the potatoes wasn't as good.

Hmm, that has me wondering. Why freeze it if it is canned? You can freeze the contents of the can, but you have to remove it from the can and repackage it in a freezable container. Do not freeze an unopened can. They will burst.

I have made corned beef hash from canned corned beef and froze the left overs. Used a few weeks later for another meal and it was just as good as it was when fresh.