Freezing Canned Corned Beef

Can you freeze canned corned beef?

By Syl from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hmm, that has me wondering. Why freeze it if it is canned? You can freeze the contents of the can, but you have to remove it from the can and repackage it in a freezable container. Do not freeze an unopened can. They will burst.

I have made corned beef hash from canned corned beef and froze the left overs. Used a few weeks later for another meal and it was just as good as it was when fresh.

My husband and I love corned beef hash but a whole can makes too much for us. I cut the corned beef in half and wrap half tightly in saran wrap and put it in a freezer container. It tastes as good after it has been frozen as when it was first opened, plus it gives us two meals for the price of one. I tried freezing the prepared hash but found the consistency of the potatoes wasn't as good.

beef pot roast
Freezing Cooked Beef
Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceNovember 8, 2009
Corned Beef Salad
Corned Beef Salad Recipes
Platter of corned beef and cabbage.
Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipes
Canned Corned Beef
Recipes Using Canned Corned Beef
Homemade Corned Beef
Homemade Corned Beef Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 12:08:40 AM on 10.0.2.172 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.