Dog With Brain Injury Peeing in the House

I have a 9 year old Siberian Husky. We moved last fall and she started running. She got hit in the head in October and had pretty serious brain trauma.

She seems better for the most part, but now she pees on the floor by the doors when we are gone and during the night. Is this a result of the accident, desire to run, or something else? Is there anything I can do for her, and consequently my floors?

By Camilla from NE

You need to discuss this with your veterinarian.

She might have a urine infection and the fact she is doing it beside the doors might show she is trying to get outside and not doing it deliberately.

This from someone else but I do like the Awesome products. You might try soaking a 'puppy pad' in the urine and put it outside where you want him to 'go'.

I like to use "Awesome" Pet Stain remover. I get it at the 99 cents Only store, for 99 cents! Label is white with some blue and red on it, spray bottle. Pour it on. However, if you've had another company put their chemicals on, I can't say that the Awesome will do it's magic. I have almost white carpet, and a Lhasa who is too lazy to use the pet door, and you'd never know it.

Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 19, 2010
Exercising Your Brain
Exercising Your Brain
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside