Fat Free Sugar Free Salad Dressing Recipe

I am a vegetarian, so I eat a lot of salad. My favorite is romaine, dried cranberries, walnuts, and apples. I want to change the dressing. I am looking for a fat-free, sugar-free (or Splenda friendly) dressing. Any ideas?

By tallblondenurse from Midland, TX

Anonymous

I absolutely promise no offense is meant here but there aren't any 'no fat and no sugar', including splenda friendly, dressing recipes. Perhaps you can experiment with simply squeezing the juice from a lemon, orange, grapefruit or a splash of your favorite vinegar on your salad.

I use Good Seasons Italian dressing. It is a dry mix that you mix up yourself. It calls for vinegar, water and oil but I use very little oil and increase the water and vinegar. I also add a teaspoon of Splenda. It's really quite good and if you use olive or canola oil, it's healthy too.

Try this:

2 cups Fat Free plain yogurt

1 Tsp powdered hot mustard

sweetener to taste

My version of 'honey mustard' dressing without the fat or sugar, or even extra salt. Great for dieters, diabetics and even heart patients too!

This can get a bit watery if left out too long, but it still tastes good.

Both of these sound good. I have been on a mustard thing lately, so I will try it first. But they both sound great. Thanks

One my husband and I like on romaine, onion, & tomato is to use raspberry balsamic vinegar, thinned down with a bit of cold water, and enough splenda to take off the sharpness of the vinegar just a bit. We do not buy a dressing, just the vinegar, found at wal-mart, for instance, with the other vinegars. The one we use is regina brand, but that is just personal taste. It seems too simple to be a favorite, but it adds just that touch to any crisp salad greens, as well as tomato and other items. Hope you try it. Hope you like it. LJF, Loretta from Theodore, Alabama