Is There a Breed Name for a Mini Golden Retriever and Cairn Terrier Mix?

I have a female mini Golden Retriever and a male brindle Cairn Terrier; they just had puppies. What type of breed are the puppies? I posted a picture of one of the puppies. Thanks.

By Vella from Las Vegas, NV

Your pup is a cutie; technically, it's a mixed breed/ crossed breed. There's no purebred or AKC designation for the combination of the dam and sire of your litter. On the "mini Golden" please check this out:

http://www.smal  n_retriever.html

Breeders who are attempting to "make" this breed are still in very experimental stages; they're mixing full-blooded Golden Retrievers with, often, either Cocker Spaniels, Flat-Coated Retrievers, or Miniature Poodles in order to present what looks like a Golden but in more compact size.

The problem with this is that though that pup may ( or may not) end up looking like a smaller Golden Retriever, it will not necessarily have the same even temperament as that breed and there are reports of various health problems cropping up.

So--hopefully your new puppies will have what's good from the--at least three--different breeds in them, but take extra care to have your vet keep an eye on them for health problems common to all of those ancestors.

What you have there is an adorable, likely Golden- Cocker-Cairn mix.

There are several names; mutt, mixed breed, cross breed. But no mix breed is going to have a definite name. If you want to come up with one that's up to you, but it's not going to be a recognized name.

Same as PupperMom. My suggestion is to simply call these puppies the breed of 'Golden Brindle Love' :-)

First of all mary8949, you don't know what happened it was not intentionally. I rescued the cairn terrier from the streets 4 1/2 months ago I've put out posters and I've tried finding info on him but no leads so he is our dog now id rather have him than put him down I think that's cruelty. My husband has a female mini golden retriever and we got married and moved in together a week later from me rescuing the cairn terrier we both have jobs and we didn't think they would do anything. I thought she was fixed but she apparently wasn't her previous owner said she was me and my husband had no idea that she was pregnant till the day she gave birth. We were shocked, so there was no backyard breeding! This baby puppy that she had is not going to a dog store, or backyard, and I will never take it to no dang shelter! We love our dogs and other than that you shouldn't assume things!

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 24, 2010
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Golden Retriever Mix
Golden Retriever Mix Photos
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Golden Retriever
Golden Retriever - Breed Information and Photos
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 3:08:14 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.