Freezing Baby Food In Ice Cube Trays

My son is just now starting to eat baby food. I am making my own but unsure how I should freeze it. I have been placing it in freezer bags but have noticed that other mothers have mentioned they put them in ice cube trays. Do you keep them in the ice cube trays or once it is frozen do you place it in bags. If any other advice can be given I would love to hear it.

Lisa from Vacaville, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If freezing in cubes, freeze solid then pop out and place in bag.

http://homecook  /babyfooddos.htm

Here is an excellent site to answer your questions and some recipes. :)

Hi Lisa -

I did this with all sorts of different foods for my son - and still do (he is 2.5) - I put them in the trays, covered it with the press and seal freezer wrap, and then when they were frozen solid, I would put them into ziplock bags. I labeled the bags for each food - and when it was gone, kept the empty bag in the freezer and just refilled it with another batch.

Hi Lisa

When my daughter was young I made her food also-I did use ice cube trays. I would leave it just long enough to get hard and then remove it placing it in quart size freezer bags. When I wanted some food I could take out however many cubes I wanted and leave the rest frozen!

Best of Luck!

Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Parenting Baby AdviceAugust 16, 2007
Ice Cube Tray
Cleaning Odors From Ice Cube Trays
A chunk of stuck together ice cubes.
Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Ice Cube Tray
Uses for Ice Cube Trays
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 10:40:38 AM on 10.0.2.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.