Planting Tomatoes On Hay

How do you plant tomatoes on hay?

Tim

Are you sure they are planted on hay?? I plant mine, then mulch around them with hay. I also do the same with all my vines (cucumber, watermelon, squash...).

If you put a thick layer of newspaper under the mulch, weeds don't stand much of a chance. It also helps with water usage.

Tim...there is a man named Kent Rogers in NC that does all his gardening in straw bales...I looked into the sight and we have planted 2 bales by the method he uses and they are doing GREAT. I have had 2 back surgeries and it is hard for me to weed SO this method is wonderful. I am planning on doing my entire garden this way next year You can contact him at:

kent.rogers@earthlink.com

Hope you find your answer and GOOD LUCK if you decide to try!

Planting Tomatoes
Planting Tomatoes
Home and Garden Gardening PlantingJune 11, 2008
Peeling Tomatoes
Peeling Tomatoes
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🎉
🎄