Use "Normal" Setting to Prevent a Smelly Dishwasher

In answer to smelly dishwashers. Well mine was over the top with smell. I was using an 'eco' cycle being the good human and trying to reduce our water usage. I had a buildup of muck at the bottom of the dishwasher so I would clean the filter etc. but to no avail, it still was stinky.

Just for a change I thought I'd try one of the other cycles available. Guess what, I used the 'normal' wash setting and, behold, the smell disappeared and has not come back. Yay! I know it sounds simplistic, but that was all I did.

By Dunoon from Australia

Use a couple of packets (you may need a lot more) of lemonade to clean diswasher. Also vinegar works well. I would use at least 4 cups for your problem.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 9, 2009
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 19, 2016 at 9:48:46 PM on 10.0.0.201 in 948 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.