Share Crafts

Removing Glue Residue From Pots and Pans

Removing glue used for labels from cooking pans. I tried everything. WD40, mineral spirits, nail polish remover, dish detergent poured directly on the glue, nothing worked. I even tried leaving it on for several minutes. Then I tried mineral oil, rubbed it with terry toweling and within seconds it was off!

It's such an easy solution it's probably been found before. I just happened to decide to try whatever I had on hand because I was getting frustrated at not being able to get the glue off.

By Cbreeez from Ontario, Canada

By Prakash Dave 1 07/21/2010

Very Simple Way. Heat the cooking vessel from other side (where sticker is not there). Then insert tip of a knife below sticker, it will come out easily.

Prakash Dave

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Removing Glue Residue From New Stainless Steel Pot

I have a stainless steel stock pot I recently bought and have run through the dishwasher several times to get the glue residue off where the label was.