Removing Glue Residue From Pots and Pans

By Nancy Moynes K. 1

Removing glue used for labels from cooking pans. I tried everything. WD40, mineral spirits, nail polish remover, dish detergent poured directly on the glue, nothing worked. I even tried leaving it on for several minutes. Then I tried mineral oil, rubbed it with terry toweling and within seconds it was off!

It's such an easy solution it's probably been found before. I just happened to decide to try whatever I had on hand because I was getting frustrated at not being able to get the glue off.

By Cbreeez from Ontario, Canada

By Prakash Dave 1 Flag

Very Simple Way. Heat the cooking vessel from other side (where sticker is not there). Then insert tip of a knife below sticker, it will come out easily.

Prakash Dave

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Removing Glue Residue From New Stainless Steel Pot

I have a stainless steel stock pot I recently bought and have run through the dishwasher several times to get the glue residue off where the label was. I cannot get the sticky glue mess off. Can anyone help me?

Kate

Feedback:

RE: Removing Glue Residue From New Stainless Steel Pot

My wife uses Tea Tree oil or Eucalyptus Oil. Try it, if nothing else you have a good natural antiseptic.

Bart (12/28/2004)

By Bart

I use peanut butter to remove glue and sticky stuff. Rub it on the pot and leave it sit about 10 minutes. Then rub in it and rinse. Mary (12/28/2004)

By saphire1970

Try hairspray, nail polish remover or OOPS (bought in hardware srores or Walmart type stores) (12/28/2004)

By Linda

Try WD-40, it works every time!! Just spray on, let it sit for a few minutes and wipe off with a paper towel..wash with hot soapy water and rinse..good luck (12/28/2004)

By jay tea

I use straight rubbing alcohol! (12/28/2004)

By homeschoolin_mum

Try fingernail polish first. If that doesn't work, there is a product called Goo Gone. That works great! (12/28/2004)

By Karen

Try Pam spray or Vaseline or cooking oil. Rub it in the glue residue, let it sit for a minute and you should be able to roll it right off. (12/28/2004)

By wallflower

Goo Gone works the best, just let it sit on a few minutes and wipe off. (12/28/2004)

By Donna J.

Rub the glue mess with oil or butter until it loses it's sticky then wash and it should wash off.

A homemade glue/label remover that works well is 1/2 Dawn Dishwash liquid mixed with 1/2 rubbing alcohol. I apply generously and let it set for a few minutes then scrape or rub the residue off. Hope it solves your problem. (12/28/2004)

By D

Use Goo-Gone for any labels or "stuck on wall" things to remove. Works great!

(12/28/2004)

By bobbie

This may seem hard to believe but any oil, like baby oil or cooking oil will take off the glue residue. But WD-40 works best of all and I keep a small can beneath my kitchen sink for this purpose. (12/28/2004)

By Carol

Do these ideas work (WD-40 and fingernail polish remover) for the inside of a teflon pan? Sounds a little toxic for the inside of a pan. What's best for my problem. (01/16/2005)

By Laurie.

I tried several things and found white spirits loosened it and I was able to scrape it off with my rubber glove and fingernail (08/27/2005)

By Heather from Australia

I have tried fingernail polish remover and peanut butter, still the sticky stuff there, even tried to scrape with razor blade, very irritated (12/28/2005)

By ytemptf8

Try sprinkling dry pan with flour and rubbing with back of thumb nail (so as not to scratch pan). Glue should bind to the flour and come of easily (04/26/2006)

By Aileen

Spray with Pam or other cooking spray, let sit 1/2 hour, and scrub off with a nylon scrubby. (04/26/2006)

By jean

I have this old drumkit that had a lot of stickers on the shells (for about 10 yrs). Well, I spent half of today trying to get the stickers off with hot water, Windex, rubbing alchohol, and even denatured alchohol. You know what took the glue off? Vegetable oil... If only I had seen this webpage several hours ago... (05/07/2006)

By jeremY

Removing Glue Residue From Wipeboard

We have a board that we write our shifts on and unfortunaly someone has stuck cellotape on it and it is now covered in Glue residue! please help me remove this?

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) Try some Goo Gone or Goof off. (06/15/2006)

By Melanie

I had some stubborn sticker glue residue on metal and couldn't find my goo gone (which works great on everything). Some Pam helped a little, as did Dawn, but rubbing flour on it took care of it completely. The flour stuck, then some firm rubbing with a paper towel took it all up. (02/19/2007)

BEST METHOD: take flour, wet down the sticky residue, sprinkle dry flour and rub in well. Take wet/damp towel and rub off. No need for pam, oil or WD-40! (04/14/2007)

By guest

WD 40 worked a treat! merci beaucoup (05/29/2007)

By jules

I had to devise my own technique, because I had a tough time with this. My labels were about 6 inches in diameter and covered the entire bottom surface (flat) of a stainless steel bowl. The techniques suggested here, such as using flour and WD-40, had no effect (I think it depends on the type of glue used). I discovered that the following process worked for me (it sounds long and involved, but it's not):

1) Soak the item(s) in warm, soapy water for several hours or overnight to loosen the paper.

2) Using a flat-bladed PLASTIC scraper (don't use metal, as it will scratch the surface!), scrape off the paper portion of the label, leaving the glue behind.

3) Use a nylon mesh dish cleaning pad and soapy water to scrub away the remaining glue residue.

4) Finally, use acetone (if you have it -- lacquer thinner will work fine, too) to remove any remaining traces of the glue residue.

5) Run the item(s) through the dishwasher to clean and sanitize.

(06/26/2007)

By John

Removeing glue from a new stainless steel chip fryer

Will the flour method still get the label glue off? (09/06/2007)

By Peter

To remove stubborn sticker: Put about a quarter inch of water in the pan/pot and bring to a boil (Let cool and sticker will remove easily)

To remove that nasty residue: Use a little oil (Veg- ensure to get oil over all glue residue - about a teaspoon should be enough) in the pan, heat up pan/pot on stove top. Glue will loosen and oil will trap the glue.

TIP: Scape with plastic spatula to help loosen. Just did the above steps and it worked perfectly.
(11/17/2007)

By John

John, YOU ROCK. I just tried your method and it worked like a CHARM!

By Gail

Ah! The Pam trick worked like MAGIC! It only took seconds to undo the glue, and I had been working on it since last night! THANKS! (02/15/2008)

By Janet

PAM is the answer folks! (03/12/2008)

By Todd

Pam, mam, is the answer

Just googled *removing adhesive from metal* and I found this site, and the answer. Thank you.

Tried rubbing alcohol, before I googled, as I recall hearing it worked. It didn't

Put some Pam, on a paper towel, and with a little persistence the adhesive is completely gone.

Thanks again. (10/25/2008)

By bakedbean

I don't know why it worked but it did. I used Old English furniture polish and it took it right off. (12/01/2008)

By Korey

3M makes an adhesive remover that works like magic. You can get it at almost any WalMart, Meijer, or hardware store. Just a dab on a wash cloth and some light rubbing takes it right off, no matter what kind of adhesive or glue it is. The WD40 method is pretty good too. (12/02/2008)

By Matt

I used Endust Furniture polish to remove the label residue, I worked great! (12/13/2008)

By schadencc

I always keep OOPS! in my house. It worked like a charm on the glue residue. It is an all purpose remover you should be able to get at a Home Depot store or similar place. (02/22/2009)

By Tina

Best Method: take flour, wet down the sticky residue, sprinkle dry flour and rub in well. Take wet/damp towel and rub off. No need for pam, oil or WD-40! Thank you very much. This was fantastic. I used it on a stainless steel fridge that had packing tape from a move. I had tried everything...goo gone, wd 40, sos pad, you name it, I tried it. This worked like a charm! (11/20/2009)

By emjay

Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 29, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans
Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:41:10 PM on 10.0.1.40 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings