Bypassing Safety Switches On Riding Lawnmower

By jimmy 1

How do you bypass the 3 safety switches on a riding lawnmower?

jimmynjax from Orange Park, FL

Editor's Note: We wouldn't recommend bypassing safety switches because they are there so you don't hurt yourself.

Filter Sort

By Jill 4 738 Flag

Why would you want to do that? They're there for a purpose! Are they malfunctioning?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Let me know if u get an answer. I know one of the safety switches are not working on mine. Won't do anything.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By richard johnson 1 Flag

I understand why you would to do this. I think that

things were better when a person was expected to use their brain more. Some switches should be normaly closed for the motor to run and the blades to work. Those switches could be remover and the wires connected. Some other switches should be normally open (not making contact). These type should not contact if you want the thing to keep running. When you move the throttle to shut off a push mover you make contact with a switch that kills the spark.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

One reason to bypass a lawnmower switches is to make them into a racing mower (removing the mower part.) If I were you I would just take them apart as I am and figure it out. On mine I have a safety switch apart and the way to do it is the whites stay apart and the two blacks that go together into the switch go together. It's just hot wiring the thing. If this doesn't work just take something and cut apart the switch and take a look. The worst that could happen is you have to buy another switch which is like $10.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jim 7 Flag

Hi I'm not gonna tell you that the switches are there so we don't let our children get mangled by a mower, we made unsafe. I'm just trying to keep you safe. If you tell me how many wires for each switch what switch they are as in seat, electric clutch and so on. I'm pretty sure I can walk you through checking them with a meter to see if there working properly or not. Give me a holler I'll try my best to help.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Removing Safety Switch on Riding Mower

I've got a problem about my Scott's John Deere riding lawnmower and I need to find the answer for how to bypass the safety switch in the engine of this lawnmower. Please let me know!

By Anh N

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By classact120 1 Flag

Sorry I would love to bypass my seat sensor I don't weigh much and have to mow with an extra 10 lbs on the seat with me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Bypassing the Clutch on a Riding Mower

How can I bypass a clutch on a riding mower so I don't need it to start the mower?

By Dylan

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMay 8, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Lawnmower
Lawnmower Blade Won't Turn
Riding Lawnmower
Riding Lawnmower Will Not Shift Gears
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:46:17 AM on 10.0.2.163 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsAnswers
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings