Washer Won't Spin or Drain

By george chavez 1

I have a 110 series washing machine. It's filled with water won't spin or drain water.

By George from Sacramento

FilterSorted By: Relevance

Comment

Question: Washer Washes But Doesn't Drain or Spin

By robpat 1

My washer washes fine, but it won't drain the water out or spin on any cycle. The guy who owned it before me said it did that to him and it was a bushing under the tub and he put a used one on. Should I buy a new one and put it on?

By robpat from Wilson, NC

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Dorina 2 100 Flag

That depends on a lot of variables. The cost of a new washer, how handy you are, etc. My theory is it was already replaced once (how long ago?) and another replacement will last only that long. Check out repairclinic. com for how-to's and cost of replacement parts to make your decision.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Washer Won't Spin or Drain

My Whirlpool washer spin cycle won't work and the tub will not drain. When the dial is set for spin nothing happens. All other functions work fine.

By Rick from Visalia, CA

Feedback:

RE: Washer Won't Spin or Drain

Check that the lid is closing good and the tab that goes down into the hole is engaging, that part could be broken. It can be bypassed by splicing the wires together, but the washer will not stop spinning when the lid is open. Another thing to check is make sure your hose is not crimped in the back. (05/15/2010)

By notwrong

Archive: Washer Won't Spin or Drain

My Kenmore washer makes a horrible noise when pumping out the water incompletely; then it won't go into the spin cycle.

By Patricia from Pinckney, MI

Feedback:

RE: Washer Won't Spin or Drain

Clutch? Belt? Wigwag? A timer would not be making that noise. (06/22/2010)

By T&T Grandma

RE: Washer Won't Spin or Drain

There is something that is caught in the drain tube near the motor, like a sock or pair of panties. Remove the front of your washer and find the tube near the motor. It's a 10 minute fix it job. Easy enough to do rather then calling someone. (06/22/2010)

By Mylene

A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Next
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersAugust 20, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
washing machine
Washer is Stuck in Spin Cycle
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:25:06 PM on 10.0.1.32 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsArchives
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings