Washer Washes But Doesn't Drain or Spin

My washer washes fine, but it won't drain the water out or spin on any cycle. The guy who owned it before me said it did that to him and it was a bushing under the tub and he put a used one on. Should I buy a new one and put it on?

By robpat from Wilson, NC

That depends on alot of variables. The cost of a new washer, how handy you are, etc. My theory is it was already replaced once (how long ago?) and another replacement will last only that long. Check out repairclinic.com for how-to's and cost of replacement parts to make your decision.

That depends on a lot of variables. The cost of a new washer, how handy you are, etc. My theory is it was already replaced once (how long ago?) and another replacement will last only that long. Check out repairclinic. com for how-to's and cost of replacement parts to make your decision.