Always Check Postal Rates

Always ask the postal clerk to check for the least expensive shipping option. Sometimes what you think will be cheaper to ship media mail, like CDs, will actually be cheaper to ship first class. It never hurts to ask. Also, in case you haven't heard, the rates go up again May 12th - and from what they tell me, this will now be a yearly thing.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering what the exact date of the next increase is. I have to mark my calendar.

Don't forget about the Forever stamps that came out last year. You can purchase them now for $.41 and no matter what the rates go to, you can still use the stamps (they don't have a value marked on them).

If you go ahead now and buy the forever stamps @ 41 cents that will save 20 cent a book, but it is the forever stamp the more you buy now the less you pay later. Forever stamps will remain whatever the current postage is.

This is July and the rates have already gone up.

I shipped a box which contained a lot of paper and was quite heavy. I was surprised to see the flat rate fee which is good to ship anywhere in the country. Actually, it's good because they give you the box free, and they have four different size boxes, and they will take up to 70 pounds.

My post office even tapes the box together and gives me an address sticker. I can't ask any more than that.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 26, 2008
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
weighing postage
Finding Postage Rates Online
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties
🎉
🎄