Quick Dinner: Salmon Patties

Salmon patties are a quick and easy dinner I can throw together when I get home late from work, and don't want to spend all evening in the kitchen. The other day, I had about 1 cup of left-over mashed potatoes from dinner the night before, and I usually make potato pancakes out of them, but I put the leftover mashed potatoes in my salmon patties, Gave them a wonder flavor and a smooth texture. I used 1 can of salmon.

By Joyce from Evansville, Indiana

I usually add a cup of wheat germ.

For my salmon cakes, I use 1 can of salmon mostly drained and remove most of the skin; dried dill; a beaten egg; some chopped onion; crushed saltine crackers(unsalted tops); and a good-size dollop of Kraft Light Miracle Whip. Mix together and form into patties and brown in non-stick skillet til outside is crunchy. Brown on both sides. Sometimes I just pat it all into the bottom of the skillet and cut into 4 or 6 pieces with the edge of the spatula. The dill and Miracle Whip make them yummy.

Salmon Patty on a Plate
Salmon Patty Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 15, 2008
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
fresh salmon with lemon and herbs
Cooking Salmon
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
2 Fried salmon patties with a wedge of lime and a cob of corn.
Fried Salmon Patties