Cutting Your Food Budget

My food budget has been growing every week, so I sat down and looked at what I could start doing to cut back and still eat quality meals. This is the plan and I am seeing a difference in my spending. Maybe, it will help you, too.

On the week end I sit down with my grocery ads and plan out the week of meals. Not only do I save money by shopping the sale, I am saving money by planning what we will have for meals, thus not waiting until 3:00 in the afternoon to think about dinner plans, driving to the store and picking up more items then needed. Going to the store once a week, also makes me use what leftovers I have. This has not only saved money, it has caused me to be more creative with meals and not fix the same thing week after week. Don't forget to use your coupons.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Make that even more practical by looking in the cupboards first to see what you can use up. And set a budget limit -- don't leave the amount up to chance. Sale items may be appealing, but if you don't need them, they're still wasted money. If you see a really fabulous deal, like free with coupons, try to get extra coupons and stock up six months' worth or so. That way you always have a back-up. And if you don't spend all your budget one week, save the leftover cash until the following week.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingOctober 5, 2006
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
A baby eating organic baby food.
Making Your Own Organic Baby Food
Woman Consulting Her Shopping List in the Supermarket
Creating a Food Budget
A couple working on their household budget.
Reducing Your Household Budget
🎉
🎄