Use Wet Vac to Suck Up Flies

Do you have flies in your house? Wet Vac them. Turn on the Wet Vac and suck them right up!

By notwrong

Funny! You should mention this! I thought I was the only one to suck up fruit flies with a vacuum cleaner!

* I've since started trapping them: Just take an old water bottle & in it put about an inch of apple juice with a dash of vinegar & a teaspoon of sugar added. This mixture will draw the little bugger is & they will drown. The vinegar gives the apple juice that "sour-rotten" smell that fruit flies love so much. It's simply amazing!

We have the most success with this after dark when they are sleeping on the ceilings!

I use my regular vacuum, a dyson, to suck up moths, flies, wasps, bees, anything that doesn't belong in the house. The insects smother in the very fine dust picked up by the vacuum. A few years ago, we had a bee hive with wax & swarms all over, growing in the side of my house. They found a way to come in the house through the wall. Using the vacuum was a quick fix, but it worked great. I had wasps keep coming in to my very old house through pipe hole & what not, vacuum again. It works great.

Wow, I'm gonna have to try this. We have these wee little flies in the house. Not a clue where they're coming from. Thanks for sharing. I've done the apple juice, and vinegar thing. I've also added some Dawn dish soap 2 it.

Home and Garden Pest Control FliesJune 12, 2009
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎄