Creative Gift Ideas for My Boyfriend's Birthday

I just remembered that my boyfriend of 3 years is turning 20 next Sunday (October 12). I feel really bad for forgetting! I never do that. I've just been so busy. I don't want him to know I forgot. The problem is I am a broke college girl. I'm in art school and I'm naturally creative. I usually think of quirky ideas for gifts, but after 3 years with someone, my ideas are running dry!

He attends Ohio State University, but he's not too into sports or cars. He's a theatre major and just as quirky as me. Here are some things I've already done: his favorite gift was for valentines 2 years ago, I made him fortune cookies and put love notes in each one. I also tracked down his favorite childhood book, "Where The Wild Things Are". Last Christmas I made him a robe (I'm a fashion design student). Last year for his birthday I gave him a dorm survival kit and I made him a birthday apple pie, candles and all.

Once I designed a mug with our picture on it and had it made. I've done a lot of cute little unique things. What makes it worse is he spent quite a bit of money on me for my birthday 3 months ago. The Lion King musical came to town so he bought us tickets to see it ($50 a piece). And I couldn't afford an ipod, so he bought me a used one on ebay. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Gretchen from Columbus, OH

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

In my local paper a mother gave her daughters boyfriend a bunch of scratch lottery tickets. Darn if one of them was a millon dollar winner. Collects $50,000 for 20 years. He is 20.

I've used packets of coupons quite often for thrifty but very thoughtful and useful gifts: 1 coupon could be good for a hand car wash, another one for a back massage, another for a picnic in the park, etc. You can be really creative with these, typing them on the computer and put in a fun tin or wrapped in a pretty box.

What about a special day together? Pack a picknic and go to Hocking Hills for the day - it's not far (I live in cincinnati & go a couple times a year) If you can afford two days off schoolwork, camp for one night. I don't know about your guy, but mine is always thrilled with this sort of thing. If you ask around, you can probably borrow everything you need.

How about a framed picture of the 2 of you?

Some - really good condition - 2nd hand books (I buy the newest paperbacks in great condition at the library for 50 cents each).

Make a CD of your favorite songs.

A scrapped book of photos of the two of you together. Leave room for the collection to grow.

A romantic dinner.

Homemade fudge or chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes or a cake.

Hand paint a T-shirt.

The coupon book idea is a GREAT old standby, but, why not put your own spin on it by drawing the subject and writing the coupon on it? For example draw a car and write a free car wash coupon on the car or draw someone laying on the stomach with a towel draped over their lower half and write a coupon for a free back rub on their upper back.

If you can get in contact with his Mom and ask her what his favorite meal was as a child and then you could prepare it for him, or find out the name and phone number of his best friend in High School and give him a prepaid calling card with the phone number in it. Make sure to contact his friend in advance so that you know when they will be at home or get a cell phone number. Hope that this helps. Whatever you give to him your thoughtfulness and caring will be the greatest gift of all. Shari

My friend is so nice and his birthday is coming up. We both secretly like each other and I want to get him something nice. He is turning 16.

Answer

Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayOctober 8, 2008
Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
boyfriend and girlfriend
Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:41:26 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 882 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.