Designate an Area In Your Fridge for Leftovers

Leftovers usually need to be used first so create a space on the top shelf of your fridge just for leftovers. It will help you use them before they go bad and prevent moldy surprises when you clean out your fridge. Also, try to use clear tupperware or glass jars for leftovers so you can see what is in them at a glance.

I've done this and have less waste, than I did before.

I have found that I don't forget to use my leftovers if I put them on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator at the front where I can see them.

To keep up with my leftovers and make sure I see them, I use a Sharpie permanent marker and write on a little note paper what is in the container and the date and tape it to the top of the container with a little piece of scotch tape.

Junk mail works great for making note papers for labeling leftovers. I keep a stack cut out and handy.

I have a small 6"X8" blackboard on my frig that is labeled "Leftover Cafe" I list all leftovers on it, with an asterisk on those items that need to be eaten soon. It works extremely well. I rarely throw anything way.

Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Keeping Track of Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversNovember 16, 2006
Food Left Out Overnight
Food Left Out Overnight
Organizing Leftovers
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs