Labeling Leftovers

Category Leftovers
Labeling your leftovers can help organize you fridge and save on food costs and waste. There are some helpful tips below for marking your containers.

When I put leftovers in Tupperware containers, I use a wet erase marker to write the contents and date on the lid of the container. It stays on there until I wash the container, then it comes right off. I used to use Ziploc bags for leftovers so that I could write on the bags but this is cheaper and easier.

By Amanda from Horsham, PA

Here is a way to really save food and money. No more guessing what and when food was put in tupperwares. Simply keep masking tape and a permanent marker in the kitchen to make and date labels on containers. It has made a major change for me in maintaining food freshness, and a waste free kitchen. This simple solution saves money and time. Try it and you will see!

I came home and almost had a heart attack when I saw that my husband, a teacher, had written all over my precious tupperware with marker. I had visions of scrubbing permanent marker of my rough textured cake container and glass-lock lids. Turns out he's brilliant (I knew that!). He had used one of the dry erase markers he always has in his pocket to write on the containers.

It was easy to read and wiped right off. I realized this would be brilliant for labeling leftovers and potluck contributions since you can use dry erase on glass and plastic (the surface just needs to be dry) and it's easier to remove than masking tap. Now, I think I'll have to forgive him for snagging the last of the leftover meatloaf - lol!

When it comes to storing leftovers in Cool Whip bowls, butter bowls, and even Tupperware (or Rubbermaid dishes), I am sure others have had the same problem in their household as I do.

In order to make full use of the dibs and dabs of food you freeze for later use, it is vital that you label the container with what it is.

When putting foods up after a meal or after preparing, be sure to label what's in the dish, the date prepared, whether you're putting in the refrigerator or the freezer.

Just take a piece of Scotch tape and a black felt marker and write in large letters what is in the container. You can also mark directly on the baggie, so it makes it easy for them to find what they want to eat.

Several different methods for labeling food, including tape, stickers, labels, and first aid tape.

When opening food items, I can easily remember what the item is by just tearing or cutting the label off the package. Then I slip the label under the lid of the leftover container that I am going to put the item in and close the lid on the label.

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversMay 8, 2020
🐛
😷
🌻
👔
🎆
😎

Generated 2020-05-24 06:25:16 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️