Organic Treatment for Worms in Small Dogs

Does anyone know of an organic (home remedy) for worms in dogs? I have tried several over the counter treatments and my Yorkie still has worms. I am disabled and can not afford to take him to the vet, and my vet will not let me make payments. It really hurts me to see my dog so uncomfortable. Please help!

By Janice I.

Best Answer

A breeder once told me he used cloves of garlic to rid his dogs of worms. Remove the skins and crush into food or feed whole pieces if your dog will eat them. Also try calling some different vets in your area. You will most likely find one who will accept a payment plan. You will most likely need a vet at some point, so it's worth the effort. Good luck!

Anonymous

Garlic is EXTREMELY bad for dogs!!! Do not do this!!

Anonymous

Garlic is toxic for dogs. Don't be feeding it full cloves!!!!

Best Answer

I have used a product called diatomaceous earth for quite a while now. I bought it on the internet. It has to be food grade to use on animals. There is another grade which is used for swimming pools, etc. You sprinkle a little on the dog's food every day for a month. After that you only use it once a month, I think. It kills the worms with no effect on the dog. I swear by it.

I have been using DE (food grade) for several years on my garden, my pets (I'm a dog breeder), myself and family for a number of things from high blood pressure, to aches and pains, to treatment and prevention of hook, round, whip, heart, and pin worms in my pets. It also helps with skin issues and a number of other things for animals and people. I swear by it too!

Best Answer

Irrespective of the Dogs size ask your Veterinarian for Drontal Allwormer. You can give this to the animal yourself. There are several different kinds of worms. To be honest, for the amount of money you have spent buying "over the counter" products that have apparently proven useless, you could have bought the correct tablet and dosage for your Dog's size and weight. The situation will only get worse without correct treatment.

I have been giving my dog & cats Diamatacious Earth.(spelling?) It is very inexpensive & can be bought at a health food store. I mix it up with the food. It doesn't take much. I haven't seen any worms. Hope this helps.

Diatomacious earth, food grade only. The pool or garden D E has poison in it. If you dog has worms that you can see, poor baby has probable tape worms. Tape worms come from eating fleas. The light colored or white segments you see are proglottids (egg sacks). You must rid the house and dog of fleas. Dry borax 1 and half cups dry per carpeted room, a little in their bed and a little more on the furniture they use. Vacuum after 2 weeks so life cycle is complete. Yard, Google Cedercide . Both very effective and natural. Quit with the poison between the shoulder blades. Work on healthy diet. No pet food aisle grocery store food. That is pure allergy and sickness. Build immune system don't break it with vaccines. Read ingredients of vaccines on any anti vaccine site and you will never injure or kill a loved one again. Vaccines are for moneymaking pharma companies. Nothing else. Children cannot be forced. Nothing in my constitution that says government (including schools) can put a foreign substance into my body.

Anonymous

Janice, take it to a vet, explain to them you can't afford a big bill, most vets have money set aside for people who can't pay. You have to ask, don't feel bad, your little dog needs help. Please call a vet or your animal shelter, they do help people who want to save their pets. You have to ask for help first.

Try a teaspoon if Diatomaceous Earth (FOOD GRADE) in the food daily. It gets rid of a number of health problems in humans as well. I am a breeder and have been doing this for 12+ years. I used to use Fenbendazole for round, whip, and hook worms. Praziquantel for tapeworm. And LIS for heartworms. I stopped using all of those when I started all my k9 babies on the DE (there has no longer been a need to put them on that stuff because DE works so well). When used externally it gets rid of fleas and ticks. Many gardeners use it for there plants and grass too. (Too many benefits to name).