Singer Magic Steam Press Trips the Fuses

I have a Singer Magic Steam Press 7 and when it heats up it keeps tripping the fuses in the house. Anyone got any idea of why this is happening?

By exswanage from Channel Islands

Heating units draw a lot of juice. When the item is drawing electricity & it keeps drawing & the circuit gets over-loaded, then it trips the breaker or fuse. That's why fuses are there, to keep it from frying the circuits. You might try putting in a stronger breaker. Sometimes that will do it, but if it's an old house, you may need an electrician.

See if it will work on a plugin that has absolutely nothing else drawing power, including lights or other appliances.

I am not sure exactly what this machine is, and your electtrical circuits might not have the same kind of standards as ours do here, but I suspect that this device should not overload a fuse all on its own. I trip a breaker/fuse if I try to make toast, have the coffee maker on, and run my microwave. But we have found out that the TV , VCR, DVD player, and satelite receiver are also on that circuit, and they are in another room, as well as the fridge. Not a sensible wiring situation to have all those outlets on one fuse!! You may have a similar set up.

Thanks for your answer. Got it open and found that all the wiring was black and sooty and could not do anything about that as it had burnt and we dont have a repairer here. Discarded it now and bought another one.

House has brand new fuses and just re-wired.

On its own circuit, no power.

Singer Magic Steam Press
Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7
Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalAugust 16, 2009
Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
🎄