By exswanage from Channel Islands
Thanks for your answer. Got it open and found that all the wiring was black and sooty and could not do anything about that as it had burnt and we dont have a repairer here. Discarded it now and bought another one.
House has brand new fuses and just re-wired.
See if it will work on a plugin that has absolutely nothing else drawing power, including lights or other appliances.
I am not sure exactly what this machine is, and your electtrical circuits might not have the same kind of standards as ours do here, but I suspect that this device should not overload a fuse all on its own. I trip a breaker/fuse if I try to make toast, have the coffee maker on, and run my microwave. But we have found out that the TV , VCR, DVD player, and satelite receiver are also on that circuit, and they are in another room, as well as the fridge. Not a sensible wiring situation to have all those outlets on one fuse!! You may have a similar set up.
Heating units draw a lot of juice. When the item is drawing electricity & it keeps drawing & the circuit gets over-loaded, then it trips the breaker or fuse. That's why fuses are there, to keep it from frying the circuits. You might try putting in a stronger breaker. Sometimes that will do it, but if it's an old house, you may need an electrician.
Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.