Share Crafts

Smoke Stains on a Stove

I have tried without success to remove smoke stains from a white electric range. When using the broiler and when the stove is turned on for self-cleaning, smoke comes up through the oven onto the white backside of the range. Nothing I've used so far including Soft Scrub will remove it. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

By fritzlouise from Ft. Myers, FL

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By bARBARA Noble 2 09/12/2009

I have the same problem about the smoke stains on my stove. I have tried everything I can thank of and so far nothing has worked. I hope someone knows something that will take it off. The stove is a real nice looking stove but this just ruins it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Cajun 59 327 09/14/2009

Go to a good paint store and ask for 'Whiting'(it's a very fine powder typically used for thickening paint). It is also used as a polishing ingredient of Auto Waxes (the 'white powder' residue). It will not scratch porcelain or glass. Use a damp microfiber or terry cloth rag, saturate with liquid soap. Dampen the stain, sprinkle Whiting on, and then gently rub away the stain. The only way you can scratch the stove is to use a rag that will scratch it. Don't have to be rough; gently rubbing will suffice. Also excellent for removing stains on dinnerware, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sharon Cross 19 61 09/18/2009

I'm wondering if oven cleaner would remove the stain. Also try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Rubbing really hard when using it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No