Smoke Stains on a Stove

I have tried without success to remove smoke stains from a white electric range. When using the broiler and when the stove is turned on for self-cleaning, smoke comes up through the oven onto the white backside of the range. Nothing I've used so far including Soft Scrub will remove it. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

By fritzlouise from Ft. Myers, FL

Best Answer

Try backing soda. It worked for me.

I have the same problem about the smoke stains on my stove. I have tried everything I can thank of and so far nothing has worked. I hope someone knows something that will take it off. The stove is a real nice looking stove but this just ruins it.

Go to a good paint store and ask for 'Whiting'(it's a very fine powder typically used for thickening paint). It is also used as a polishing ingredient of Auto Waxes (the 'white powder' residue). It will not scratch porcelain or glass. Use a damp microfiber or terry cloth rag, saturate with liquid soap. Dampen the stain, sprinkle Whiting on, and then gently rub away the stain. The only way you can scratch the stove is to use a rag that will scratch it. Don't have to be rough; gently rubbing will suffice. Also excellent for removing stains on dinnerware, etc.

I'm wondering if oven cleaner would remove the stain. Also try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Rubbing really hard when using it!

I have successfully used bleach

Kitchen Oven
Cleaning Heat Stains on Kitchen Stoves
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 11, 2009
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots