Citrus Trees Not Producing Fruit

I don't know what happened, but none of my citrus fruited this year. There were blossoms, but no fruit.

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By Lynne from Gulf Coast AL

In Australia if the fruit trees do not set their fruit it can sometimes be the bees have not been able to pollinate the flowers if there has been a cold snap or a lot of rain. I have 1 Lemon, 1 Mandarin, 1 Orange, 1 Lime and all bear fruit with no close neighbours. I also sprinkle washing soda granules around the base of the tree, water it in and I have an abundance of fruit.

This is a world wide problem with the bees not pollinating. My summer gardens were sparse, our fruit trees slighted greatly. This is sad when we depend on the bee to ensure us our crops. Those who have not seen the movie Bees, needs to get it. Even though it is a children's cartoon movie, it tells the story and the importance of their jobs. Without them, we can't exist.

Lemon and blossoms on tree
Citrus Trees Not Producing Fruit
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesOctober 10, 2010
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Lemon and blossoms on tree
Lemon Tree Not Blooming or Producing Fruit
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🎄
🍂