Collect Newspaper Comics for a Gift

This is a good idea for a winter holiday or birthday gift. Comics taken from the newspapers and cut out each day. Paste onto printing paper and put in a 3 ring binder from the dollar store. It makes an inexpensive book of comics for a person's favorite comic strip.

Or better yet, find an online archive of their favorite comic, and save the comics in order. Garfield.com has a vault that archives every comic ever published. Screen grabs of those put on a CD or printed out (there's a print option) would make a good gift, too.

By hyena cub from Omaha, NE

There are lots of things you can do with comics to make a great gift. I cut out a series of Lockhorn strips about their marriage and their honeymonn in Paris. Put them in a large matte frame and gave this to my friend as a wedding gift just before he went on his honeymoon to Paris (which I knew nothing about). Years later he and his wife still say it was one of the best wedding gifts they recieved.

This is a truly thoughtful and unique gift idea. Closest I've done to this was last Christmas. I found and printed pages of silly song lyrics, Put them in a $3 binder, wrapped and sent this to a friend. Didn't know then, but this was the perfect format for her; she only has limited use of her hands due to a congenital, neurological condition. And, if/when she tires of the song lyrics, she can reuse the binder and page protectors into which I inserted the pages.