Collect Newspaper Comics for a Gift

This is a good idea for a winter holiday or birthday gift. Comics taken from the newspapers and cut out each day. Paste onto printing paper and put in a 3 ring binder from the dollar store. It makes an inexpensive book of comics for a person's favorite comic strip.

Or better yet, find an online archive of their favorite comic, and save the comics in order. Garfield.com has a vault that archives every comic ever published. Screen grabs of those put on a CD or printed out (there's a print option) would make a good gift, too.

By hyena cub from Omaha, NE

There are lots of things you can do with comics to make a great gift. I cut out a series of Lockhorn strips about their marriage and their honeymonn in Paris. Put them in a large matte frame and gave this to my friend as a wedding gift just before he went on his honeymoon to Paris (which I knew nothing about). Years later he and his wife still say it was one of the best wedding gifts they recieved.

This is a truly thoughtful and unique gift idea. Closest I've done to this was last Christmas. I found and printed pages of silly song lyrics, Put them in a $3 binder, wrapped and sent this to a friend. Didn't know then, but this was the perfect format for her; she only has limited use of her hands due to a congenital, neurological condition. And, if/when she tires of the song lyrics, she can reuse the binder and page protectors into which I inserted the pages.

April 16, 2010 Flag

This is an inexpensive gift idea for kids and other people who like to read the comics. For those who get a newspaper, or can have access to them, cut all the comics the recipient likes from each days' paper, and paste them onto computer paper, in order. The benefit of compilation books without the expense, and a fun way to recycle some newspaper!

Punch some holes in the page and put them in an inexpensive binder. If you want, get those tabbed notebook dividers to separate the different comics from one another. This works even better to give to people who don't get their favorite comics in their local newspaper, or don't get the paper, period.

By Saber from Omaha, NE

Answers:

Collect Newspaper Comics for a Gift

Great idea! I think back to when my dad was living and how I could have put all his Garfield comic strips into a notebook. I know he would have gone through it and enjoyed them over and over again. Thanks for sharing your really good idea. (10/30/2008)

By Carol

brown paper gift wrap
Frugal Gift Wrapping Ideas
Better Living Frugal Living TipsApril 16, 2010
Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Newspaper Nail Art
Newspaper Nail Art
Homemade wrapping paper made with different colored handprints in paint.
Homemade Wrapping Paper
🎉
🎄