Giving Pills to Dogs

When I give medicine to any of my dogs, I crush them in a bowl and spread them on the food. Then, I put a small dollop of any pure meat (beef, chicken, etc.) in the bowl with about a teaspoonful of warm water. I stir it all up and the meat covers up the taste of the medicines. My dogs eat it with no problem.

By Barbara from Jacksonville, FL

My German Shepherd takes 4 pills a day and two more twice a week. I buy the 24 pack of chicken hot dogs and package them 6 to a freezer bag (I use the bags over and over). When I remove a pack from the freezer, I cut each hot dog into 7 pieces and put in a plastic tub in he fridge. That way the entire pack isn't sitting in the fridge for weeks. When pill time comes around I take out two or three pieces (and extra one for a treat) and poke with a chop stick. I pop them in the microwave for 8 seconds at 20% power. Pop a pill in each one. He comes to the kitchen each morning when he hears the microwave. At night, I place them on his food. No more problems with pills. Quick, easy, inexpensive.

Medication for a sick Golden Retriever puppy.
Giving Pills to Dogs
Pets Dogs HealthJune 27, 2011
Preventing Heartworms in Dogs
How Do Dogs Get Heartworms?
Aspirin
Giving Dogs Aspirin
Razor For Removing Fabric Pills
Removing Pills From Fabric
pill splitter
Splitting Pills
🎉
🎄