Hugs and Kisses Basket

I was wanting a small inexpensive thank you gift for the young girl who had helped me at physical therapy. So, I came up with this "hugs and kisses basket". I had the container left from buying my husband some nuts and bolts from Dollar Tree. The only thing I had to purchase was the candy. There's plenty left over for more "baskets".

• plastic container with lid and handle
    (These come stacked in two containers topped with one lid.)
  • plastic or acrylic paint, black and white
  • round piece of poster board to fit top of lid
    I used black.
  • paint marker
  • small piece of ribbon
  • craft glue
  • Hershey's Hugs and Kisses (about five each)

1. Clean the container well with soapy water and allow to dry.
  2. Paint bottom of container with white paint. I use a sponge, it gives it a more textured look and you don't have to worry so much about it covering.
  3. When white paint is dry make black dots by dipping a pencil eraser in your paint and pressing firmly onto surface. Set aside to dry. If you are not using plastic paint, you'll need to spray the container with some sort of clear sealer.
  4. Write "Hugs and Kisses" on your round circle of poster board with the paint marker. Allow to dry.

5. Glue this to the top of your lid.
  6. Ad

7. Tie on ribbon.
  8. You can add shredded paper as a filler or fill the entire container with kisses.

By Artlady from Edmond, OK

What a darling idea! You could use the same concept and paint it with a Christmas , Thanksgiving or Valentine's Day theme. Thanks !

I just envy clever and crafty people like you- its darling!!

Homemade Heart Gift Boxes
Homemade Gift Boxes
Crafts Gifts Gift BasketsSeptember 3, 2008
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box
folded paper box
Making Folded Paper Gift Boxes