Craft Projects to do While Watching TV

I am looking for some type of craft project that I can do while watching TV. I love to needlepoint, but can't always find kits. I don't really like beading, crocheting, knitting or counted cross stitch. Am looking for maybe some type of lap quilts I can make? Also, don't really want to have to hot glue anything or do anything that looks like kids put it together.

Susan from TX

What about latch hook? I find that very relaxing to do while watching tv and there really isn't much "mess" involved.

God Bless,

Sheila in Cocoa, FL

You can go to Indygo Junction dot com and order a yo yo maker and make lap 'covers' from them. The little machine isn't expensive. I have ordered one but haven't had a chance to really work with it. Good luck.

Try plastic canvas, it's like needlepoint in a way but the canvas is thick and firm. The holes are bigger and easier to count.

The YO YO maker is wonderful! You can also buy it from Clotilde or Nancy's Notions. You can make toys,wearable art pillows, throws, etc. I Take mine in the car when we go on trips. Great for using up all those extra scraps around the sewing room.

You might give knitting a second thought. It's the only one I can think of which allows you to watch TV without having to look down at your work. Have you seen the yarns and projects out lately? More wearable and useable than many craft projects that are merely decorative and not very much so at that.

My favorite "TV" project is flossing my teeth, can't leave that one out.

Give a simple knitting project a try. I make dishcloths. I buy the large cotton yarn at WalMart, get about 15 dishcloths out of it.. They take about 2 hours to make. Take one as a gift to anyplace I go. I knit these in the car a lot. The pattern is so repitious you dson't have to watch the pattern after a couple rows. It is a diaganol pattern.

DISHRAG PATTERN FOR BEGINNERS

REQUIREMENTS

1 ball of knit worsted weight cotton (Sugar N Cream) 50 gm size

Size size 8 or 9 needle

DIRECTIONS

Cast on 4 sts.

Row 1: Knit one row.

Row 2: K2, YO, knit to the end of the row.

Repeat row 2 until there are 43 sts

Next row: K1, K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit to the end of the row.

Continue decreasing until 4 sts left. Cast off.

Permalink

How about trying your hand at ribbon embroidery? It is very easy, and very pretty. You can do it on clothing, pillow tops, baby onsies, handkerchiefs, and even make wall hangings. I love it. It's very relaxing.

I make pincushions. There are so many cute pincushions you can make from many different things. Just type in pincuchion patterns free in google and look at all the cute things you bring up.

http://tipnut.com/22-free-pincushion-patterns/

This link is only one of many. Give them away as surprise gifts to frinds and family. They love them or two or three as a Christmas or birthday gift. We don't always like them because they are useful but because they are so cute. I collect them. So, do lots of people. I have to warn you though, they are addictive.

Have you ever tried Quilling. It is a paper art. The paper is l/8" inch wide and there are many assorted shapes you make and are able to create works of art. Check it out on line. There are quilling supply stores even on line.

You don't need a glue gun just a tiny dab of white glue on a toothpick. I find it relaxing & rewarding. You can make beautiful framed art or small note cards with a personal touch.

Well, I can tell you a lot of great crafts to do, but you wouldn't be able to do them while watching TV.

CraftsJune 13, 2008
Votive Wrapped in Twine
Candle Craft Ideas
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Photo of three red bricks.
Craft Ideas for Bricks
Satelite dish against a tree in background.
Saving Money on DirectTV
🎄