Keep a Notebook With You

I keep a small notebook with me at all times. I use it to make to do lists, grocery lists, and as a prayer journal. Whenever I need to write something on the list, I have it with me. It is great when I have spare time. For example, waiting in the doctor's office or waiting to pick up the kids from soccer practice. It is time efficient and practical.

By Leslie from Brandon, MS

I started doing that last year. It is so handy! I jot down ideas or last minute groceries. I even use it when I'm on a website to make note of an idea or book title. Then I can go back over it and it's all there.

I like to do that too - I often have time to write out recipes and handyhints from magazines in the Doctor's office and also the hairdresser

I do the same, but a little differently. My phone is a smartphone, it has PDA functionality so I can write notes on it. Very handy to have a qwerty keyboard, and much quicker and neater, as well as having the phone options.

I, too, love having a place to write while I wait. When I downsized my purse, I bought a small decorative two-year calendar for a dollar to carry with me. It has one month to a double page...meaning it is thin and easy to carry. I use the current year as my regular transportable calendar. Then I begin at the back and make notes on creative projects, recipes, websites I see in magazines at doctor's offices, etc.

I make greeting cards as a hobby and sometimes I find a saying I want to use. I can write it all there and I know it's in that one place. I have been using the calendars for one year and writing on the second year. Of course, the second year is nice to keep track of those annual doctor visits until I get the new calendar. It has made my life so easy.