Creating Reminders for Yourself

Don't forget reminder on a sticky note.When I want to remember something I need to take with me to work or anywhere the next day, I take a plastic shopping bag (like from Wal-Mart) and I tie it to the handles of my purse the night before.

This is so easy and simple to do and better than writing in a note as a reminder and then losing the note. It works every time for me and if I needed a bag to put the item in, I have it right there ready for me.

By Marsha Fleenor from Greenville, NC

14 More Solutions

Ever think of something when you are out, then forget it by the time you get home. I have solved that problem for me. When I think of something like what I need to do later, who I should call later, or something I need from the store, etc., I text myself a message.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 190 Feedbacks

If I really, really need to remind myself of something important to do, I put a sticky note on the steering wheel of my car. Example: stop at store on way home from work to get milk. Go to the bank, etc.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 509 Feedbacks

I have joked and complained to my mother that I am getting as bad as she is with her memory and I need a dozen alarm clocks around the house to remind me of things I need to do or remember!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

We have all left home without our purse, homework, cell, laptop, you name it we have left it. Sometimes, we leave the water running, or the stove on and those booboos can be disastrous.

Small sign with icons over the door lock.

Each time I was putting my cell phone on "vibrate" to be considerate of others or in situations that require it, I was forgetting to turn the ringer back on.

Whether it's an appointment, errand, or groceries, I have 2 simple ways to remember it. I have a small chalkboard in the kitchen where I write reminders and find myself glancing at it automatically several times a day.

To remind myself for an upcoming event or task days, or even months in advance, I send myself a free greeting card from Yahoo. I schedule it to be sent the day before it happens, and forget about it.

I always wear my jewelry (watch and bracelets) on my left arm. To help me remember something, I just remove all the jewelry and put it on my right arm. One glance is a constant reminder.

There are a few smaller items I need to remember to bring each morning. To make things simple, I purchased a place mat from the dollar store.

I traced the outline of each item onto the placemat.

Bronze Tip Medal for All Time! 59 Tips

A great way to remind yourself of things like take the garbage out, return movies, an MD appointment, get gas, etc. is to place a note via a magnet with a clip on it for your note to be placed onto the metal door inside your garage on the door that goes into your home.

Load More
Organizing Memory TricksOctober 27, 2016
👒
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Creating-Reminders-for-Yourself.html