Keeping Rhubarb from Growing Back

I have just transplanted some rhubarb and I want to plant cucumbers in the spot where it was. I just want to make sure the rhubarb won't grow back. What sound I do?

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By SummerRay from Saint Johnsville, NY

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Rhubarb is a perennial which means it will keep coming back every year. To get rid of it you must dig up the root system. It is a woody type root and tends to break apart easily so be sure to get it all! Rhubarb sends out runners underground and can spread.

Rhubarb stalks
Growing Rhubarb
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 12, 2010
Rhubarb plants in cardboard box
Transplanting Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
Rhubarb leaf with yellowing leaves in the background
Rhubarb Plants Turning Yellow
Rhubarb
Cooking Rhubarb
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 12:37:12 PM on 10.0.0.126 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.