Removing Glue Residue

You probably won't believe it (I didn't at first), but the best thing I know to remove sticky residue from labels and tags is fly spray! Yep, your everyday, garden variety fly spray. Spray some on a paper towel and rub the sticky area (it takes a little work). If it is particularly stubborn, spray it directly onto the area and leave a few seconds before working on it. You may need to do it a couple of times, but I haven't found one yet that didn't come away. This works on glass, ceramic, china, etc.

By Sue from Palm Beach, Queensland

Fly spray has poison in it doesn't it? Do you really want your body exposed to more poisons than are already in our atmosphere?

This concerns me.

I've found that Baby Oil works well. My 4 year old has a bad habit of putting stickers on everything, and I cleaned up my wooden coffee table using Baby Oil. A benefit of the oil on my coffee table, is that it shined up the wooden surface pretty nicely!

Even better (& less smelly) is. Spray furniture polish ie: Pledge, leave for a few seconds & it just peels off no sticky residue.

Well Thats a cheaper way out of buying Goo Gone! It's what I use.

I was going to suggest the spray furniture polish instead of poisonous insecticide, but I see someone already has posted this.The polish does work great! Anne

Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJuly 17, 2011
Gorilla Glue
Removing Gorilla Glue From Microfiber
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
woman cleaning
Removing Glue Residue Left By Contact Paper
Close up of racks of woks for sale.  You can see the sticker reflected from the inside of the pan
Cleaning Glue Residue From Pots and Pans