Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

By Mitzy 1

How do I remove a picture stuck to the glass on an old frame?

By Mitzy from Kenner, LA

Filter Sort

By Dawn 5 108 Flag

Do not use something abrasive like steel wool or an SOS pad, this can scratch some glass

Buy a flat razor. Spray some water or Windex on the surface and scrape off the sticky residue with the flat razor

Dawn

http://frugalforlife.blogspot.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sheila 3 162 Flag

If you want to save the photograph, the best thing to do is go to a photo lab and see if it can be done safely.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By lorraine mcdonald 4 12 Flag

Simply put it in plain warm water and gently use a finger to rub and massage it and it will release itself with no damage. Don't force it. Shake it off and blot dry with clean cloth, no lint type. Lay between two pieces of wax paper and weight it down so it dries flat.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Picture Stuck in Frame

By Shannon O. 1 2

I have a very old picture that is stuck to this picture frame. I can not make a copy of it and can't risk getting the picture ruined. The picture is too long to fit in the freezer and the blow drier technique doesn't work. What can we do?

By Shannon O.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandy 6 128 Flag

I took a pic that was stuck to glass to Walgreens. The tech took the frame apart but left the photo adhered to the glass and scanned that. It came out beautifully and there was no risk. I believe if you try to separate them you will ruin the picture. The pic was my daughter and her deceased Grandmother taken when my daughter was a young girl, so it was really important to her. I would try an experienced tech at Walgreens. He did a great job for me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

I have an old photo in a picture frame. The picture got stuck to the glass surface and I would like to get it out. Any suggestions?

btmack

Feedback:

RE: Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

Try using warm water with Ivory or liquid Joy, soak for at least 1-2 hours and gently separate the photo from the glass. If possible use a flat bed scanner and make a copy of the original. Before putting a photo behind glass make sure it has a protective coating such as protective spay from the hobby or photo shop (07/20/2005)

By Dick M.

RE: Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

If it is irreplaceable take it to a professional photo place. I believe water would damage the photo. I found that my photos stuck because I didn't dry the glass well enough after I cleaned it. (07/21/2005)

By Fran Marie

RE: Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

Try using a product called "Undo". It's used in scrapbooking to remove/reposition stickers. It's photo safe. Just let the photo dry completely after removing. When used on stickers, you can re-use the sticker after it dries. The product comes with a "lifter" to help lift the photo as you apply the product. (07/22/2005)

By Cheryl from Missouri

I have some old photos in frames and the pictures are stuck to the glass. Is there any way to safely remove the glass without damaging the photo? Please help!

By Antiquefreeque

Feedback:

RE: Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

If you try to pull the picture off, it will be ruined. I had the same problem with a 5x7 picture. I removed the glass with the pic still attached, and had it scanned into my computer at home, then printed out copies from that, and placed the "stuck" original back where it came from. If you don't have a scanner, take it to Walmart, or anywhere there is a public photo center. (04/26/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

RE: Old Photo Stuck To Glass In Frame

Take your trusty hair dryer to the front of the glass, I found it was slick in removing them from old photo books too! (05/23/2009)

By T & T Grandma

old photo
Removing a Photo Stuck to Glass
Previous
Home and Garden Repair OtherJuly 12, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
old photo
Removing a Photo Stuck to Glass
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 3:11:41 PM on 10.0.0.44 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsAnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings