Recipes with Tender Meat

I am taking care of my Dad who is ninety. He is in good health but has a hard time chewing meat. Does anyone have any recipes that I could use?

By Lynda (crabby) from Kearny, NJ

If you run cooked meat through the food processor until it is very fine, your dad should be able to eat it even if it wasn't cooked all that tender before you chopped it.

You could also buy meat in the Jr. or Strained baby food which works and add flavoring accordingly if necessary. This works well if you're away from home during lunch time.

Lynda, I work with elderly almost daily. Just put any meat in a blender or processor, add chicken broth, beef broth, milk, or any vegetable juice. Chop it fine, but not all the way to puree unless he hasn't any teeth. This works well with vegetables too. Hope this helps. L

Don't forget about your crock pot or slow-cooker. Almost any meat will get tender if it's cooked long enough. There are lots of crock pot recipes for meat online.

My husband has no teeth and a hard time "gumming his meat". It was suggested to me by our butcher to have what ever kind of meat my husband wants "CUBED" (liked cubed steak is). I also boil his meats (which is what I do most of the time anyway) AS I can save the water then by freezing it for winter time needed soup stock. Good Luck

Cook all meats in a crock pot or slow cooker most of the day, It will tenderize most any meat so it is melt-in-your-mouth tender. Adding meats to soups will do the same thing.

Shepards pie, quiche, baby food, soups with meat chopped, cream beef, mash potatoes with ground meat & gravy. I did a lot of these when my Mom was sick.

Casserole Steak:

1 onion, sliced and sauteed in greased pan. Remove and add cubed steaks or round steak, cut in portions. Layer meat and onions in greased casserole. Mix 1 - 2 packages brown gravy (depending on how many steaks you're doing) and pour over meat. Put in 250 degree F oven for 6 - 8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Family favorite around here!

I have found that when I cook my meat in a slow cooker it comes out so soft and tender even the toughest cuts of meat become soft and easily chewable. even someone with chewing problems enjoys it. I cook my meat for no shorter time then 10 hours. You can add broths or water to help the meat cook more tender. Hope this helps you

My mother has problems with poorly fitting dentures so she eats mostly chicken.

If you want to cook, close to normal things. Pour a can of coke in the pan, with your meat. I thought, oh that will be nasty. You can not tell it is in there. Your meat will NOT be sweet. It also makes the darkest gravy, to. Just try it once with a roast in the oven, so tender. Make your gravy, like normal. Please let me know, if you do.

Try cooking tempeh. It's a form of soy, but not at all like tofu. Comes in little packages with flavor variations, like tempeh with sea vegetables (sea weed) or 5 grain tempeh. Basically, you slice it thin, marinate in something interesting and then pan saute it on both sides for a few mins. Comes out crispy and crunchy with good texture, but easy to chew. Nice in sandwiches or just by itself on a plate. Very healthy and inexpensive, too. Located in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.

Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsApril 5, 2009
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Beef Pot Roast
Cooking a Roast
Overnight Roast Beef
Overnight Roast Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
🎄