Recipes with Tender Meat

Category Meats
Preparing meat so it is very tender will make it much easier to chew. This is a guide about recipes with tender meat.

Tenderizing a pork chop.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Tenderizing meat, either manually or with a solution, makes for a tasty dish. This guide is about how to tenderize meats.

Hard boil meat (be it beef, chicken or pork) in 2 boullion cubes and 16 ounces of water for the most tender meat that even a small child can eat without teeth or an adult without their dentures. Take the meat flavored water to make a low calorie gravy with the directions that are on any corn starch box. This is the only way I have made gravy in over 20 years, IT IS THAT GOOD AND EASY.

Doing any meat this way is also much easier on me. Get the water to a full rolling boil before adding but cut up pieces of meat and boil hard for about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on how well you like your meat done).

By Paula Jo Carr from Mebane, NC

Do you add the corn starch at the beginning, or after the meat has boiled for 15 minutes?

AG

Pot roast with potatoes and carrots.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains pot roast recipes. Even cheaper cuts of meat come out moist and tender when cooked as a pot roast.

I am taking care of my Dad who is ninety. He is in good health but has a hard time chewing meat. Does anyone have any recipes that I could use?

By Lynda (crabby) from Kearny, NJ

Best Answer

Lynda, I work with elderly almost daily. Just put any meat in a blender or processor, add chicken broth, beef broth, milk, or any vegetable juice. Chop it fine, but not all the way to puree unless he hasn't any teeth. This works well with vegetables too. Hope this helps. L

Best Answer

Shepards pie, quiche, baby food, soups with meat chopped, cream beef, mash potatoes with ground meat & gravy. I did a lot of these when my Mom was sick.

You could also buy meat in the Jr. or Strained baby food which works and add flavoring accordingly if necessary. This works well if you're away from home during lunch time.

Don't forget about your crock pot or slow-cooker. Almost any meat will get tender if it's cooked long enough. There are lots of crock pot recipes for meat online.

My husband has no teeth and a hard time "gumming his meat". It was suggested to me by our butcher to have what ever kind of meat my husband wants "CUBED" (liked cubed steak is). I also boil his meats (which is what I do most of the time anyway) AS I can save the water then by freezing it for winter time needed soup stock. Good Luck

Cook all meats in a crock pot or slow cooker most of the day, It will tenderize most any meat so it is melt-in-your-mouth tender. Adding meats to soups will do the same thing.

Casserole Steak:

1 onion, sliced and sauteed in greased pan. Remove and add cubed steaks or round steak, cut in portions. Layer meat and onions in greased casserole. Mix 1 - 2 packages brown gravy (depending on how many steaks you're doing) and pour over meat. Put in 250 degree F oven for 6 - 8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Family favorite around here!

I have found that when I cook my meat in a slow cooker it comes out so soft and tender even the toughest cuts of meat become soft and easily chewable. even someone with chewing problems enjoys it. I cook my meat for no shorter time then 10 hours. You can add broths or water to help the meat cook more tender. Hope this helps you

My mother has problems with poorly fitting dentures so she eats mostly chicken.

If you want to cook, close to normal things. Pour a can of coke in the pan, with your meat. I thought, oh that will be nasty. You can not tell it is in there. Your meat will NOT be sweet. It also makes the darkest gravy, to. Just try it once with a roast in the oven, so tender. Make your gravy, like normal. Please let me know, if you do.