Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Refrigerator

I have a problem trying to get out dry erase marker off of the side of my fridge. The side of my fridge isn't smooth like the front and I've tried everything I can think of to get it out, like bleach with water, disinfectant sprays, and the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser. The marker seems to be stuck in the little grooves! Can anyone help?

Jessica from Eaton, Ohio

Try Windex.

Try a product called TSP it is found in hardware stores,

works really well.

I tried everything to remove pen marks from a ridged refridgerator door... Magic Eraser, Goo Gone, Windex, Clorox wipes, nail polish remover. NOTHING worked until I tried the SOS pads suggested above. It took some heavy duty scrubbing but the marks are finally gone. I can not get them off the toilet seat cover or the bath tub though. Any suggestions?

Use bleach or just nail polish remover.

My fridge is not dimpled, but your regular flat, white surface. My son drew with black dry-erase and it left behind a stain. The ONLY THING that worked was a combination of the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser dipped in Nail polish remover. BE SURE to wipe with damp cloth, and dry afterward or it will leave a residue. Happy Cleaning!

My daughter took a dry erase marker to the fridge also. The fridge is dimpled like an orange peel. I tried EVERYTHING that you all below me said. I tried nail polish remover, toothpaste, bleach, baby wipes, windex, lysol spray, bug spray. I even took the advise of writing back over it and then wiping it off again. Didn't work.

I got so excited that everyone said to use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. This did not even touch it! Then I found the post about taking the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser dipped in Nail polish remover. This was my last effort! IT WORKED! I don't know what kind of chemicals we mixed ( I was a little worried mixing it) but it took it off with ease and NO DAMAGE! I only wish I had found it first and not last! Thank you to the person who posted the answer on 8/18/08! Thank you, thank you!

Well, I tried the magic eraser with nail polisher remover and it almost worked! It took some off and made it just look faded. But it could be that I left it on there for months forgetting about it! The dry erase mark is on the bottom side that doesn't get seen very often, so now that it's faded you really can't even notice!

Try Isopropyl alcohol. Spray on leave few minutes. Wipe with dry clean rag.

I'll have to try the alcohol! My son did it again! This time on the front and side of the fridge! This time I got to it right away with the nail polish remover & majic eraser! It came off right away on the bumpy side but just made the smooth front fade! So now I have faded drawing on the front and other side of the fridge from last year's drawing! I hope the alcohol works!

We had a bunch of guys try to keep a list on the fridge only to find out immediately that it didn't come off. Nothing worked, including bleach and rubbing alcohol. Found and tried a method on here suggesting soaking a magic eraser in nail polish remover. Worked immediately. Thanks moms on the internet!

I had the same problem and tried all the hints I read here and everywhere else. Then I was looking under the sink for something else to try and I finally tried the liquid glass-top stove cleaner. It is a very fine abrasive and it did the trick using it with a paper towel. It got into the texture of the refrigerator and does not seem to have removed the paint.

I used oven cleaner and a steel wool SOS Pad in order to scrub blue dry erase marker off a fridge. Please be careful not to scrub the paint off the fridge as well. Bleach, peroxide, and common household stain removers didn't work.

Thx for the idea. I combined the oven cleaner with nail polish remover and it took off the stains; old and new! I didn't need to use the wire wool.

What is the best product to remove nail polish on the inside of a refrigerator?

nail polish remover

steamer

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesApril 23, 2008
Wet Erase Marker
Removing Wet Erase Marker Stains
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers on White Background
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Chalk Board
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
🎄