How Do You Tell Someone About Bad Breath?

How do you tell a nice guy he has breath odor without hurting his feelings?

Onesummer

There's no guarantee this will work, he may become offended or angry anyway, but try this: very gently ask him if he's feeling well. Tell him his breath is a little off, which can be a sign of a health problem. This will make you sound caring and concerned rather than critical. Hope it works!

Take out a piece of gum or a mint for yourself and offer him one too. Most people won't refuse. It won't help long term, but it will for at least that time.

I can't think of any good way but perhaps you could leave some breath mints at his desk or send in the mail w/o return address. He might have some sort of oral health issue going on....bad teeth or gums and that can cause bad breath.

Being a dental hygienist, I have this conversation often with patients, and I'm often the one to spring the news on my patients. I just ask them to say "You know, today I notice your breath a bit." Good to remember that it can be from foods and from letting the top of your tongue be coated, not just from rotten gums and crappy cleanliness. You can always slip an anonymous note to the person. When I've said something to the person directly, the person is always thankful even if they don't say the words. Then I follow up with "Please do me the same favor, if you ever notice my breath!"

I do the what Lynn Beth does, then I would offer the rest of the pack of mint to the person. If he doesn't take it, I would say "I'll just leave it out so you can help yourself." If you do this everytime you meet with the person, he/she will get the idea

Anna

Be honest yet subtle. I too worked in the dental field

and it is not easy to tell someone they have bad

breath.

I would suggest they brush with mixture of 3% hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and this does

help the odor. I also think a good swishing with water and peroxide work wonders.

It could be intenal or from meds and people

using liquid diets tend to experience bad breath.

Wouldn't you want to know.

Oh how could I forget. FLOSS! Flossing removes

tiny particles that can cause numerous problems along with bad breath so Floss, Floss, Floss.

I think the best way to let a person know they have Bad Breath is to just come right out and tell them in a nice way that you don't want to offend them and you know they aren't aware of it but their breath needs some mouth wash..I would want someone to tell me and not wait until everyone started turning away before saying something.I went to a dentist one time and he had horribly rotten teeth,everytime he turned my way,I'd nearly gag,finally I told him he had to do something about his teeth and his breath or lose ALL his business..I changed dentists real quick so I don't know if he listenend or not but I never saw a car in front of his shop in the 6 months he was open.

Tell them nicely and at the same time..tell them that you would want them to do the same for you and that you feel close enough to do this for them and that only a caring friend would do this. This is sort of gross, but when I worked in the public, my friend working with me would have "booger" checks with me, so that nothing was showing in our noses, which is soooooo gross and I truly appreciated someone being close enough to do this for and with me. Good Luck

Offer a mint and say "you might need that".

I have a problem with breath sometimes. And I would really like it if someone told me. Because there are times I walk around self conscious when I don't need to.

I have gotten a lot healthier in my eating and that has seemed to cure a lot of offensive breath.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 2, 2007
Jack Russell Terrier with bad breath.
Remedies for a Dog's Bad Breath
Organized Colorful Clothing
Organizing Clothing for the Color Blind
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Photo of woman covering her mouth with her turtle nick.
Remedies for Bad Breath
🎄