Natural Heating Pad

Take a tube sock of whatever size you would like and fill 3/4 full of instant rice. Put in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. You will have a natural heating pad. Have kids or anyone decorated it with stamps or clothing paint.

By Linda from Decatur, IL

Thanks alot, I was wondering how I could make one of those at home.

Use caution when using a microwave to heat the rice sock. A friend overheated hers without realizing it. She put it on her husband's leg cramp. Pretty soon they smelled smoke. It burned a hole in their sheet and blankets and also under his leg. They credit God with not allowing it to burn his leg.

Whenever I heat a rice sock in the microwave, I only heat for 15-20 seconds then stop the heating. I massage the sock to move the rice around, then continue to heat until the desired temperature is reached. I learned my lesson a long time ago: by not moving the sock around, the microwave burned a hole in it. I was glad I was standing right there to catch it. I wonder if it would have caught fire. I don't want to take the chance.

Making a Microwave Heating Rice Pad
Making Microwave Heating Pads
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 19, 2006
Electric Heating Pad
Uses for an Electric Heating Pad
Mouse Pad
Cleaning a Mouse Pad
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Insulating Your Home, Insulation Ready to Be Installed
Insulating Your Home