Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
Whenever I heat a rice sock in the microwave, I only heat for 15-20 seconds then stop the heating. I massage the sock to move the rice around, then continue to heat until the desired temperature is reached. I learned my lesson a long time ago: by not moving the sock around, the microwave burned a hole in it. I was glad I was standing right there to catch it. I wonder if it would have caught fire. I don't want to take the chance.
Use caution when using a microwave to heat the rice sock. A friend overheated hers without realizing it. She put it on her husband's leg cramp. Pretty soon they smelled smoke. It burned a hole in their sheet and blankets and also under his leg. They credit God with not allowing it to burn his leg.
Add your voice to the conversation.