Heated Rice Bag

To make a nice heated rice bag, use fleece and make it as big or small as you like. Just put the white rice into the rectangular fleece bag and stitch it up. I'm sure you could also use a tube sock and just stitch up the end. Then you can put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes to heat it up and put it on sore muscles or arthritis areas. (Also, our Chihuahua loves it to warm up in the winter). The rice keeps the heat for quite awhile and it is also moist heat. We have one rice bag from 15 years/ago that my mom made and it still works great!

I heat up a hand towel in microwave for 1 minute, use immediately as a heating pad and it lasts about an hour -very affordable!

Rice can last - sometimes - but can become brittle. If you use cherry stones instead, it will last for all your life (and more!), heats more than rice, keep the warmth for a longer time and does not attract insects...

I like barley and lavender for a great source of heat and a wonderful aroma. I have never heard of cherry stones, what a unique idea! On a different note, I opened up a beanbag type coffee coaster and found it was filled with birdseed! Aren't we the most clever creatures?

Anonymous

Wont the rice cook when being heated ?

Health & Beauty Home RemediesApril 6, 2013
🎄
🍂