Making a Microwave Heating Rice Pad

If you want a really simple and quick microwave heating pad, this is a frugal way to throw one together.

• 1 tube sock
  • 4-5 cups of rice

• essential oil, dried lavender or dried rosemary (optional)

Instructions:

Fill a tube sock with 4-5 cups or rice or until the sock is 3/4 filled.

At the end of the sock tie a knot and pull tightly so the knot can't come undone easily.

Optional: Add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice. Add a few sprigs of dried lavender or rosemary.

To Use:
Place the rice filled sock in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. You can also place these in the freezer to make a cool pack.

These are great to put around a sore neck or on the small of a sore back. Also great during pregnancy. Make a few of them and put them on all your sore spots. These are much cheaper than the therapy bags sold in stores and work the same.

Note: Don't let the pack get wet.

By StellaBell from Manchester, WA

Smart! I was wanting my friend to use her sewing machine to make me one since I am new to sewing and she is taking a long time to help me. This will work in a pinch!

My little ones are extremely hot after one minute, so be careful, but they are great!

I do this! It works great. I have lupus, my regular heating pad isn't as flexible. A friend shared this with me, been doing it ever since! Great post.

I love the aroma after it comes heated right out of the microwave. I can't wait to try my own. This is amazing! Thank-you! :-)