Keep Credit Card Receipts Around Card

I am not a fan of credit cards but do use them from time to time when I don't want funds tied up using a debit card or when I need to delay the payment on a large ticket item. It seems like when I use my card ONCE it loosens my resolve and I find myself swiping it more than I had budgeted! Since I usually use a debit card, here is my tip to put the restraint back in using my credit card:

Each and every time I swipe it, I place the receipts around the credit card. This simple act reminds me that I will have a bill in the very near future and is usually all the motivation to pay using cash. I can easily tabulate the funds I'll need to pay off the next bill when it arrives and can spend accordingly!

By Diana from Prospect, KY

I use my Master Card from General Motors each year until I have the $500 in rewards. I just bought a new car and that $3,500 FREE sure did help with the price. I use credit to serve me and never use it unless I have the money to pay.

Sad to say, as a teacher I hear students say people use credit cards when they don't have any money! Now, if you don't have any money, how are you going to pay the bill when it arrives?

American Express use paid for a free Sky Miles ticket for a trip last year. I have almost enough now to go to a conference on the big island next year. All for using and paying my card on time.

Diana, that is good advise. Sometimes I use my credit card several times in a day and don't realize how much I've spent until I get home and clean out my purse. I do pay off my credit card in full every month but oftentimes have to transfer money from savings to checking in order to pay it off and don't feel good about the charges I've incurred. So in reality It is not good money management. I'll try your method of wrapping the receipts around the card in hopes it will help. Thanks