Re-Installing Clothesline Posts

I want to re-install my clothesline posts. Years ago we cemented PVC sleeves in the lawn to hold the posts. When we removed the posts, the lawn grew over the sleeves. Is there a simple way to find the location of these sleeves so I can re-insert my poles? Or should I just start digging!

Charlotte from Waco, TX

Answers

Well one way you may be able to find the concrete sleeves is to buy a metal rod sold at hareware or big box stores. The rod is about 1/4 inch in diameter and 3 feet or so long.

Then go to area you think the sleeves are located in push or hammer the rod into the ground untill you hit some resistance then clear the area to see if it is the sleeves. You only have to insert the rod maybe 6 to 12 inches. One draw back is you may hit some rocks instead of the sleeves. This is the simplest way to locate the missing sleeves.

Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 19, 2008
female doctor
Websites That Review Doctors
Galvanized Fence Posts
Uses for Galvanized Fence Posts
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:03:37 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.