Tractor Tires for Strawberry Beds

I need information on how to cut old tractor tires to make a raised bed for strawberries.

Answer: There is a video called "Basic Tire Crafting". From what I hear it is a great resource. Here's a link:

If anyone out there has successfully made items out of tires, please let us know and tell us how. We keep getting questions of this sort.

You can use old tires for potatoes as well. Makes harvesting much easier. Might want to use a board, patio or some landscape fabric underneath so it doesn't go through to your yard, then start with one or two tires stacked on top of each other, fill with dirt and plant your starter potato as instructed. You can add more tires and soil as the plant grows so it has plenty of room to create new spuds for you. When it's time to harvest just start removing the tires one at a time, plucking the taters out as you go. I haven't had the chance to do it myself, but my mother is the one who passed the instructions on to me a few years ago.

Home and Garden Gardening ContainerJuly 6, 2003
Stack of Free Tires
Locating Free Tires
brightly colored tire planters
Reusing Tires in the Garden
New Tires
Buying Tires
Ligularia "Tractor Seat Plant"
Growing a Ligularia "Tractor Seat Plant"