Cooking Advice For Picky Husbands

I have a pal, whose husband thinks her Mom is the best cook! She uses a lot of her Mom's recipes in her meal preparations. One day, while she was preparing potato salad, by her Mom's recipe, her hubby caught her putting pickle juice in it. While he likes pickles, he hates pickle juice (?). He got all upset for her doing this. She had to call her Mom to get her hubby calmed down. Her words of advice are to prepare dishes when your hubby isn't around, for 'just in case' you use something in it, that he doesn't like, he doesn't see it. She said if he likes your cooking and eats it every meal, be glad!

That's funny!

Prime example of "what they don't know,

won't hurt them".

LOL,

My husband does not like cream cheese, if he only knew how many dips, and desserts I have put it in!!

ROFLLLLLL...this is So true. My Hub thinks he hates stew. He's been eating it for years with a splash of bar-B-Q sauce (from a jar) and loving it. U^u*U

Hubbys sure can have their funny ways, huh? Well I am lucky because my husband is a very good eater and there are very few things he doesn't like and perhaps nothing that he hates. He is not a sweets eater at all so I've never been much of a dessert maker. Now that we have kids I really should learn to make baked goods. He doesn't drink milk and isn't real keen on cornbread but that's about it and anything else he's happy with. He cares more about quantity than quality so the simplest of meals are fine with him. He can really put the food away yet he stays quite thin....unlike me :-(

Perhaps for the picky husband, it's best to use the same approach Moms do with kids and that is to disguise things or just put it in and keep quiet!

Here's my advice. If your husband (or wife) doesn't like the food you make, he/she can cook it himself! Those picky husbands sound like they are spoiled. My husband does more than half the cooking at our house, and believe me, I never complain about what he makes or what he puts in the dish. I am grateful that he cooks.

AMEN !! I WORK HARD TO PUT A GOOD MEAL ON THE TABLE.AND IF MY HUSBAND OR CHILDREN DON'T LIKE IT THEY CAN ALWAYS DO THE COOKING WHILE I SIT IN FRONT OF THE T.V AND RELAX

URGH! This is so true. It's so hard to cook for my hubby. I love to cook and I can't ever venture out or cook normal food because he doesn't like anything. He likes steak! That's it. I suggested beef stew. No he doesn't like that. I mean I could go on and on he is so difficult.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceOctober 24, 2006
muffin tin lasagna
Muffin Tin Lasagna Recipes
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
Picky Eater Boy
Parenting a Picky Eater
🎄