Urine Smell on Linens

How can you remove the urine smell from sheets? My grandson wet the bed and even though we washed the sheets and blankets they still smell like urine.

Kids Grandma from Coshocton, OH

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Put a cup of white vinegar in the washing machine along with the detergent.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sara C 1 84 Flag

Not only will the vinegar remove the urine smell, it will also remove any irritants that might be in the linens. It works in place of fabric softener and gives your dryer a longer lifespan by not "gunking" up the lint catching device.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Sheets should always be washed in hottest possible water... I use cold rinse..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

There is a product named Odoban (try Sam's Club). A little in the wash water has removed every odor I've ever tried it on, though in the case of urine I think Iwould try vinegar in the wash cycle and add Odoban to the rinse.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

hang them outdoors in the sunshine.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try using a cup of Borax in the load of laundry. This helped with my bed-wetter. Another thing someone had me try was adding 1/4 cup of Mr.Clean to the load of laundry. Those items need to be washed right away and not left to sit or the smells won't want to come out. For the stuff that sat too long, try repeated washes with one of the products (or both together for the "desperate").

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Use about 1 cup of white vinegar in the wash cycle of your laundry. This will work perfectly. The pH of the white vinegar negates the nasty urine smell and you will have sweet smelling laundry from there on out. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By James Cessna 1 Flag

I have not had much success with white vinegar nor Borax, and hanging the clothes outside is not an option. Using either still leaves a discernible odor.

Does anyone have a product name that you can add to the washing machine to remove urine odor?

Surely, there must be some inexpensive product in use by nursing homes, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ann 6 Flag

Try a product called Odorzout. Look it up at 88Stink.com. It's all natural and works like a charm. I had a cat that kept urinating on a mattress and this stuff got rid of the odor completely. They make a special powder specifically for the wash. Well worth the investment.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Fool proof combo that has worked for me is half cup of baking soda in the wash and then half cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle (use a full cup of each for really soiled or large loads)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Urine Smell on Linens
Urine Smell on Linens
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsJanuary 8, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Urine Smell on Linens
Urine Smell on Linens
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:00:57 PM on 10.0.2.120 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings