Where can I buy rolls of quarters?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a roll of quarters for the laundromat?

Bhole from Houston, TX

Best AnswersAnswer this Question

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By Cora 1 113 06/19/2007

I get mine from my bank. They will exchange a roll of quarters for the equal amount of paper money.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Julia (Guest Post) 06/20/2007

I, myself, being a 'slave to the laundromat', can relate to your problem. Here's what I do now: I get paid every 2 weeks. Every payday, when I take my check to the bank, I get 2 rolls of quarters. Whatever I don't use at the laundromat, I put in a jar that is specifically for my laundry money. Sometimes, I end up with a few dollars extra, which I keep in there for emergencies (such as a stain needing immediate washing or if my kids should have an 'accident').

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Mike 1 02/20/2010

The bank is the correct answer. I used to try to avoid this because I have direct deposit and seldom need to go. Unfortunately, there is no other sure fire way to get a roll of quarters now.

I used to work at a 7-11, and I was always fine with giving out rolls of quarters. Most places aren't like this unfortunately. We had a timed safe that you loaded with plastic tubes. It was about 10 tubes high and 8 tubes wide. That meant there were two rows always filled with rolls of quarters, other stuff being 4 fives, 10 and two fives, 10 ones, etc. We also had a drop safe where I worked in a Discount Food Mart.

Point being, if you know your convenience stores have a drop safe like this, you can get a roll of quarters there. They usually don't mind advertising that it's there. It's on a two minute timer, and it allows them to keep <$50 in the drawer at all times, while not allowing someone to steal more than one additional drop <=$20.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By suzanne 278 750 06/19/2007

The bank, a grocery store, a gas station... just about any one will exchange paper money for change.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Bhole 1 1 06/19/2007

Thanks. That was prompt.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Mythi (Guest Post) 06/20/2007

It's better to get them from the bank because grocery and retail stores only get so many rolls for the day. I used to work retail and it was no fun for someone to have to run to the bank for quarters. Of course lots of stores have banks in them now.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Maddy. (Guest Post) 06/20/2007

A bank would be the best place! Most stores don't like to give rolls of quarters cause they know it's for the laundrymat.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By suzanne 278 750 06/21/2007

That's not always true most stores don't really care, they aren't out anything. Mythi does have a point some stores only get alotted amount of change a day, a bank is the best place of all.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Bhole (Guest Post) 06/21/2007

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. And from experience, I found out that they really don't like to sell quarters. So I shall follow Julia's example and get those irritating quarters from the bank.

Kroger has a courtesy booth that exchanges paper money for quarters but I found the courtesy booth closed too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Shelby1 1 3 06/22/2007

Any bank should let you buy rolls of quarters. Or go to any grocery store and the service desk should excahnge out rolls of quarters for bills.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Corriveau (Guest Post) 07/18/2007

Make sure it is your bank though. I just attempted to get a roll of quarters from Citibank and they wouldn't give me a full roll. They said I had to be a customer, but for some reason they gave $5 worth of a roll that they had to break open anyway.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Laura Carter D. 08/18/2015

I don't use a laundromat, however, when I take my kids to Fudruckers, I have used their change machine to get quarters for the games. I would think a lot of arcades (like in Memorial City Mall) would have them too..

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No