Where can I buy rolls of quarters?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a roll of quarters for the laundromat?

Bhole from Houston, TX

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I get mine from my bank. They will exchange a roll of quarters for the equal amount of paper money.

Best Answer

I, myself, being a 'slave to the laundromat', can relate to your problem. Here's what I do now: I get paid every 2 weeks. Every payday, when I take my check to the bank, I get 2 rolls of quarters. Whatever I don't use at the laundromat, I put in a jar that is specifically for my laundry money. Sometimes, I end up with a few dollars extra, which I keep in there for emergencies (such as a stain needing immediate washing or if my kids should have an 'accident').

Best Answer

The bank is the correct answer. I used to try to avoid this because I have direct deposit and seldom need to go. Unfortunately, there is no other sure fire way to get a roll of quarters now.

I used to work at a 7-11, and I was always fine with giving out rolls of quarters. Most places aren't like this unfortunately. We had a timed safe that you loaded with plastic tubes. It was about 10 tubes high and 8 tubes wide. That meant there were two rows always filled with rolls of quarters, other stuff being 4 fives, 10 and two fives, 10 ones, etc. We also had a drop safe where I worked in a Discount Food Mart.

Point being, if you know your convenience stores have a drop safe like this, you can get a roll of quarters there. They usually don't mind advertising that it's there. It's on a two minute timer, and it allows them to keep <$50 in the drawer at all times, while not allowing someone to steal more than one additional drop <=$20.

The bank, a grocery store, a gas station... just about any one will exchange paper money for change.

Thanks. That was prompt.

Bhole

It's better to get them from the bank because grocery and retail stores only get so many rolls for the day. I used to work retail and it was no fun for someone to have to run to the bank for quarters. Of course lots of stores have banks in them now.

A bank would be the best place! Most stores don't like to give rolls of quarters cause they know it's for the laundrymat.

That's not always true most stores don't really care, they aren't out anything. Mythi does have a point some stores only get alotted amount of change a day, a bank is the best place of all.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. And from experience, I found out that they really don't like to sell quarters. So I shall follow Julia's example and get those irritating quarters from the bank.

Kroger has a courtesy booth that exchanges paper money for quarters but I found the courtesy booth closed too.

Any bank should let you buy rolls of quarters. Or go to any grocery store and the service desk should excahnge out rolls of quarters for bills.

Make sure it is your bank though. I just attempted to get a roll of quarters from Citibank and they wouldn't give me a full roll. They said I had to be a customer, but for some reason they gave $5 worth of a roll that they had to break open anyway.

I don't use a laundromat, however, when I take my kids to Fudruckers, I have used their change machine to get quarters for the games. I would think a lot of arcades (like in Memorial City Mall) would have them too..

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 19, 2007
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
Tape Roll Bracelets
Uses for Empty Tape Rolls and Dispensers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 14, 2016 at 8:20:28 AM on 10.0.2.176 in 612 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.