Clothespin To Close Hotel Curtains

contest winner icon

Summer is almost here! Many people will be traveling and taking vacations. If you're like me, you always end up with the hotel room that has the gaping curtain that won't close all the way no matter what you do! Whether you just want to sleep in on your holiday, or if you are like me and drive as late as you can before you stop, a restful sleep is near impossible when outside lights creep in all night and the sun pops in as soon as it comes up, not to mention the fear of who might be peeking in at you.

I found the solution many years ago. I always carry a couple of clothespins clipped onto a pocket in my overnight bag. When I encounter a curtain that won't completely close, I simply grab the offending sections and clip them together with a clothespin, ensuring myself darkness and privacy!

And if you are like me and tend to forget everything, take your extra clothespin and clip it to the chain lock on the door, so that when you see it, you will remember to take the other one clipped to the curtain!

Source: Discovered out of desperation when my early-bird son would wake up at the crack-of-dawn every time we would travel.

By lyonpridej from OK

Great idea! In fact, I'm going to put a couple of clothes pins in my travel bag right now. They come in handy for a lot of uses.

I've been doing this for years (I never thought to share it with our ThriftyFun community...sorry!). I also take a nightlight with us when we travel.

Great idea! These useful little items are so handy, you could probably carry more than just one or two.

This is a great idea. In a pinch, I have used hair clips that have long been buried in my toiletry bag. But clothespins are smaller than the bulky clips. Thanks for the idea!

4 Star Hotel
Hotel Travel Tips
Travel and Recreation TravelMay 7, 2011
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Making a Clothespin Bag
Making a Clothespin Bag
clothespin cookie
Lady Lock or Clothespin Bar Cookie Recipes
🎉
🎄