Hair Came Out the Wrong Color

I just dyed my hair and it came out black. I wanted dark brown. What can I do? Thanks.

Janie

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

There is a new product out you can find at CVS or any store like that called "Oops". It is in the hair dye aisle and along with the hair dye boxes. It will take out the color you just put in....like a reverse. It has no ammonia in it so it wont leave your hair super dry.

Best Answer

I agree with the suggestion to buy "Oops". If you can't find "Oops", and you used the formula that is to last for 12-24 shampoos, you can lighten your hair by washing several times with Dawn or Palmolive dish detergent and conditioning very well.

Been there, done that! Always use non or semi permanent dye. The other, permanent colors are harsher and tend to go brassy/orange as they fade. Unless you are very experienced or have a professional do it. I would stay away from permanent dye. Good luck!

Go to a salon.

When my hair turned orange I used lots of medicated shampoo and left it on for ages. It took a lot of the colour out - worth a try?

My hair used to be black and I wanted to get the black out and go to a different color. When I dyed it it came out yellow and light orange and a little red. What can I do to get it to go to like a dark blonde or even a brown? I talked to a professional hairstylist and she said no matter what I do my blond roots will turn blue? Please help I want it a different color.

I would go with oops, or you can mix peroxide * the liquid at the drugstore* and baking soda. make a thin paste with it and then cover you hair with it. let it sit for 3- 5 minutes and it should lighten it some. another thing you can try is a mixture of toothpaste and baking soda. I am not sure if this works on permanent color, but it worked on the semi permanents.

I did the same thing, tried every thing then saw this post. When start to CVS to buy Oops. It is wonderful. Worked first time for me.

Answer

Hair being dyed a bright red color.
Fixing Hair Coloring Mistakes
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringOctober 9, 2008
Two men Dressed as Storm Troopers
Making a Clone Trooper Costume
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 10:05:33 AM on 10.0.2.146 in 885 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.