How to Fix Hair Color That Came Out Pink

Category Coloring
When you do not end up with the hair color you expect, it may mean another trip to the salon. This is a guide about how to fix hair color that came out pink.

I have bright pink hair at my roots and almost a rose gold color underneath. I want rose gold. I need to change this bright pink. I am thinking I should use a toner, but I don't want to go darker then rose gold. Should I use silver or blonde? I'm lost; please help!

Answers

Best Answer

You want to lift off the color you don't want before you apply the new color.

Step 1
Start with a clarifying shampoo, which will fade the color.

Step 2
If that doesn't work, go to a beauty supply store and buy a color remover kit.

Step 3
You can also use a soap cap or bleach bath, which is made from clarifying shampoo, a scoop of prepared bleach, and a little conditioner, leaving it on 5-15 minutes.

Step 4
Finish with a hot oil treatment.

I just came home from the beauty salon very unhappy. I had a touch up and highlights. I have burgundy colored hair with blonde highlights. After having this done the blonde portion came out pink. The hair colorist put a glaze over the blonde, as a result my hair is a very dark copper. What should she have done and why did this happen?

Nancy from Jackson, NJ

Answers

By linz. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I'm a hairdresser. Firstly she should put the hilights in at the start. before the overall color, then applied the dark red in between. That way they both take at the same time and the result would of been better. As the glaze wash, that was because it was dark pink and she has used an ash to counteract the red tones and it has ended up pink.

A glaze is a fancy word for a toner. A great tip she should of told you is never mix blond and red together it looks ridiculous. Maybe burgundy and bright red copper sounds better so don't worry.