How to Fix Hair Color That Came Out Pink?

Category Coloring
When you do not end up with the hair color you expect, it may mean another trip to the salon. This is a page about how to fix hair color that came out pink.

I have bright pink hair at my roots and almost a rose gold color underneath. I want rose gold. I need to change this bright pink. I am thinking I should use a toner, but I don't want to go darker then rose gold. Should I use silver or blonde? I'm lost; please help!

Answers

Best Answer

You want to lift off the color you don't want before you apply the new color.

Step 1
Start with a clarifying shampoo, which will fade the color.

Step 2
If that doesn't work, go to a beauty supply store and buy a color remover kit.

Step 3
You can also use a soap cap or bleach bath, which is made from clarifying shampoo, a scoop of prepared bleach, and a little conditioner, leaving it on 5-15 minutes.

Step 4
Finish with a hot oil treatment.

I just came home from the beauty salon very unhappy. I had a touch up and highlights. I have burgundy colored hair with blonde highlights. After having this done the blonde portion came out pink. The hair colorist put a glaze over the blonde, as a result my hair is a very dark copper. What should she have done and why did this happen?

Nancy from Jackson, NJ

Answers

By linz. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I'm a hairdresser. Firstly she should put the hilights in at the start. before the overall color, then applied the dark red in between. That way they both take at the same time and the result would of been better. As the glaze wash, that was because it was dark pink and she has used an ash to counteract the red tones and it has ended up pink.

A glaze is a fancy word for a toner. A great tip she should of told you is never mix blond and red together it looks ridiculous. Maybe burgundy and bright red copper sounds better so don't worry.

How do I get my hair copper? I did a blonde balayage a couple of months ago from my natural brunette. I was blonde with smudged brunette roots. I decided to do a copper color because I thought it would be easy. I usually go to the salon, but this seemed easy. Well it turned a dark coppery pink :( How do I fix this? I don't have money to see my stylist. In pictures it's fine but in person it's so pink.

Answers

There are several ways you can try to remove the color from your hair.

Baking soda and shampoo works great to get rid of the dye in your hair. You will need to mix the two together to shampoo your hair with.

Use vitiam C tablets and hot water to make a paste. Apply this to your hair.

Equal parts of white vinegar and water is yet another way to remove the dye from your hair.

I would go to a beauty school to fix this. The prices are reasonable and the students are carefully supervised.

From the colour I'm seeing here in your photo, you don't need to do any colour stripping or bleaching. You can just get a nice lighter shade of copper and put it all over and it will even it out.

You can do a semi permanent to be safe. Lime Crime has some good colours and you can just put it on without a developer. Now, if you think this shade you have now is too dark, you will have to do a colour strip. Try Color Oops -- available at Target.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringOctober 7, 2017
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Fix-Hair-Color-That-Came-Out-Pink.html