Fixing Hair Coloring Mistakes

Category Coloring
This is a page about fixing hair coloring mistakes. It can be a challenge to get the hair color you want and even harder to fix a mistake.

I just dyed my hair and it came out black. I wanted dark brown. What can I do? Thanks.

Janie

Answers

By Diane (Guest Post)
Best Answer

There is a new product out you can find at CVS or any store like that called "Oops". It is in the hair dye aisle and along with the hair dye boxes. It will take out the color you just put in....like a reverse. It has no ammonia in it so it wont leave your hair super dry.

Best Answer

I agree with the suggestion to buy "Oops". If you can't find "Oops", and you used the formula that is to last for 12-24 shampoos, you can lighten your hair by washing several times with Dawn or Palmolive dish detergent and conditioning very well.

This is a page about hair turned orange after dyeing. When your hair color does not come out the way you want it, there is often a way to fix it.

Hair Dye Brush and Container

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringMarch 16, 2016
🎃